Lets Talk About The Best Way To Close The Deal

Since the DNC I have very seldom used a call list. I have turned into an old fashioned door knocker. I am curious how you do it.

Do you spend all day door knocking, and prospecting, then in the evenings run proposals and set an appointments to return and close the deal, or do you run the proposal right there on the first visit in the house, and pull out the contract and ask for the signature? Do you have a preference? What method has worked best for you?

The best way to close is to not close at all. Establish why you are there first, then do a warm-up to build trust. Once you have established that there is a need and/or want and you have built trust, the rest is just educating the future client on the choices available.

Of course to educate them you must have a complete knowledge of what is available and how each product works and what it will do for them.

There are five reasons people don't buy; no trust, no need, no urgency, no desire and no money.

Doing it the way I described will eliminate the first four. You cannot fix the no money.

If I have to actually "close" a deal I know it's gone sour somewhere in the establishing need or in establishing trust.

If you find yourself doing a lot of closing it's time to take a look at your entire approach.

I answer whatever objection they have and IMMEDIATELY push the app over to them and tell them "Now, press hard, you're going through 3 copies" then I lean back in my chair and say "OHHHH how sweet it is!"

Puh-leeze!

How much polyester double knit do you own?

If you do your job right you won't have objections.

If I have to actually "close" a deal I know it's gone sour somewhere in the establishing need or in establishing trust.

If you find yourself doing a lot of closing it's time to take a look at your entire approach.

Yesssss!

X 2 what he said

no need to close if you've done your job correctly.

The best way to close is to not close at all. Establish why you are there first, then do a warm-up to build trust. Once you have established that there is a need and/or want and you have built trust, the rest is just educating the future client on the choices available.

Of course to educate them you must have a complete knowledge of what is available and how each product works and what it will do for them.

There are five reasons people don't buy; no trust, no need, no urgency, no desire and no money.

Doing it the way I described will eliminate the first four. You cannot fix the no money.

There is no way to make and easy living in this industry. It ALL takes hard work (leg work primarily)... cold calling, no-show's, bumps-in-the-road with closing, etc. Earning your stripes so to speak.

BUT there's no replacement for activity. Learn what doesn't work, then change it... keep on until you find with does for you. Everyone has their own style, their own technique, and their own clientele that will do business with them. The hard closer agents may not work on a softer client. The black swan techniques may not work on a hard-close oriented client. Etc. Can't win 'em all. But there's a trick... build your agency to where you have an array of field agents to choose from for a particular client, read how the client operates, then match them with a suitable agent. Closing rates can start to approach 100% with that technique as long as the first agent doesn't "screw the pooch" lol.

Back