Licensed 2 weeks Ago to Sell Health Insurance- Need Suggestions

Hell yeah . Uncapped income . That’s bs . You work for a call center you’ll be lucky to have 50% persistency. Chargebacks will eat you alive . Your looking at 3-5 yrs to be NETTING $150 k if your a top 3-5% agent . 90% of agents will fail .

I have never understood how/why anyone would go through the process of getting licensed without a plan for afterward. The only reason I initially got licensed in 1993 was so I could go bang on doors with Combined.

So, @Peter Marrero, what was the reason for studying for and passing the state licensing exam?

Not trying to be an a-hole to the original poster of this thread, but this is pretty much why 99% of agents don’t make it past their first year. Unless you have connections (someone that is guiding you the whole way through as to what to do, and then helps you get set up), this industry is immensely difficult.

Being completely honest….without my mentor (close personal friend), there’s absolutely no way I’d be in the industry, and there’s absolutely no way I would’ve succeeded. There’s just too many difficult and unknown twists and turns to navigate and there’s traps everywhere.

Most uplines couldn’t care less whether you succeed or not either. They’ll happily use you for a year, and then take “your” 10 sales/clients when you realize this industry is massively difficult, you’re not making any money, and then you bounce out to go work in another industry.

And then it’s lather, rinse, repeat with new bright-eyed and bushy-tailed naive new agents who “just passed!”

Last edited:
I looked at getting in Medicare many times over the yrs and backed away . It always appeared too complex and cumbersome . I was lucky enough ti be friends with a guy who a came in under . I was able to bounce 1000 questions real time as I started selling . The Fmo’s assistants were awesome . This allowed me to learn the ins and outs of Medicare 10 times quicker than if I had just gone to a avg Medicare fmo. It allowed me to master sep’s , plans, tricks of the trade if you will .

I initially entered Medicare for 2 reasons . I was hyper focused on the long term renewals . It’s an incredible feeling to know from the 18 -25 th of the month I have 5 fig net income hitting my account wether I even worked 1 day that month .The second reason is I’m not selling anything . Almost everyone has to have it . But a funny thing happened along my journey . I really liked it . I enjoyed using my brain to find solutions and help people , I enjoyed building relationships . In the month of June I wrote 12 referrals and 10 were new to Medicare . I continue selling 2-4 fe a week to keep my skills sharp . I also know the agent involvement in Medicare could be severely reduced in the future . But you can’t thrive selling Medicare unless you have a passion for it .

Latest posts

Back