Life Insurance trust

I guess the most common would be to have an adult child own the policy, and gift the premium to them to pay?

Of course, now the proceeds are in THEIR taxable estate...

To the quick. Good show. Now a challenge: I propose a wager among honorable agents as to the theme of your next Avatar. You have been resplendent since I have been privileged to be a participant of this forum. I admit that I look forward to what you next conjure.

And be quick about it, I tire of being punctiliousness, albeit droll. Ahem.

To the quick. Good show. Now a challenge: I propose a wager among honorable agents as to the theme of your next Avatar. You have been resplendent since I have been privileged to be a participant of this forum. I admit that I look forward to what you next conjure.

Or how bout Condi Rice with a machine gun :skeptical:

What the heck did The Ahnuld say? There were weird letters in odd places and I became confuzed....make that dazed and confuzed. And now please enjoy the message from our sponsor:

BTW, Robert Plant is STILL amazing in concert...

Last edited by a moderator:

WTF are you talking about?

Once again, I find it necessary to write in defense of myself and my beliefs. Let's get down to brass tacks: Many people are convinced that you can certainly chalk up incidents such as the ones I've described to the profligate nature of Ahnuld's newsgroup postings. I can't comment on that but I can say that even when the facts don't fit, he sometimes tries to use them anyway. He still maintains, for instance, that his activities are on the up-and-up. Every time Ahnuld tells his adulators that his bleeding-heart, improvident entourage is a respected civil-rights organization, their eyes roll into the backs of their heads as they become mindless receptacles of unsubstantiated information, which they accept without question. According to his distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, people are pawns to be used and manipulated. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that Ahnuld keeps saying that his opinions are Right with a capital R. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, we must remove our chains and move towards the light. (In case you didn't understand that analogy, the chains symbolize Ahnuld's brazen obiter dicta and the light represents the goal of getting all of us to shield people from his self-serving and scabrous deceptions.)
If Ahnuld can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen. To state it in a more sophisticated manner, the ineluctable outcome of his histrionics is a world in which savage ivory-tower academics truck away our freedoms for safekeeping. As an interesting experiment, try to point this out to Ahnuld. (You might want to don safety equipment first.) I think you'll find that he keeps telling us that my bitterness at him is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish. Are we also supposed to believe that he's merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live? I didn't think so.
Ahnuld says that everyone would be a lot safer if he were to monitor all of our personal communications and financial transactions -- even our library records. Why on Earth does Ahnuld need to monitor our library records? On the surface, it would seem to have something to do with the way that Ahnuld's stratagems are based on biased statistics and faulty logic, which, in turn, invalidate the conclusions he draws from them. But upon further investigation one will find that Ahnuld's stances are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? No, don't guess; this isn't audience participation day. I'll just tell you. But before I do, you should note that honest people will admit that I wish that the jujuism Ahnuld so enthusiastically promotes would disappear as suddenly, as unexpectedly, and as completely as if it had been wiped out by a gigantic flood, by a great tempest, or by a volcanic eruption. Concerned people are not afraid to debate the efficacy of Ahnuld's reprehensible expositions. And sensible people know that if you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about Ahnuld's latest feral ideals. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that Ahnuld uses incendiarism to promote the sort of behavior that would have made the folks in Sodom and Gomorrah blush. That's the large elephant in the room that nobody talks about. Nevertheless, I really believe that people really ought to start talking about it because then they'd realize that I once managed to get Ahnuld to agree that his roorbacks amount to what a proverbial metaphor in Sanskrit describes as trying to extinguish a fire by feeding it enough wood to glut its appetite. Unfortunately, a few minutes later, he did a volte-face and denied that he had ever said that.
Ahnuld writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that he constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to his readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that Ahnuld is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand while the other hand is busy trying to con us into believing that the Earth is flat. His favorite buzzword these days is "crisis". Ahnuld likes to tell us that we have a crisis on our hands. He then argues that the only reasonable approach to combat this crisis is for him to excoriate attempts to bring questions of materialism into the (essentially apolitical) realm of pedagogy in language and writing. In my opinion, the real crisis is the dearth of people who understand that Ahnuld occasionally writes letters accusing me and my friends of being passive-aggressive lounge lizards. These letters are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which Ahnuld habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that if you read between the lines of his philippics, you'll clearly find that if he wants to besmirch the memory of some genuine historic figures, let him wear the opprobrium of that decision.
Ahnuld hurts people wherever they may be, penthouse or poorhouse. Yes, I could add that his yes-men mistake incoherence for sense and think profound anything that is intemperate or frowzy-to-the-core, but I wanted to keep my message simple and direct. I didn't want to distract you from the main thrust of my message, which is that if I said that everyone who scrambles aboard the Ahnuld bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride, I'd be a liar. But I'd be being absolutely honest if I said that there is no doubt that he will hamstring our efforts to put an end to mealymouthed insurrectionism in the immediate years ahead. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that Ahnuld's factotums all have serious personal problems. In fact, the way he keeps them loyal to him is by encouraging and exacerbating these problems rather than by helping to overcome them. Now that you've read the bulk of this letter, it should not come as a complete surprise that when workable solutions to a problem elude you, sometimes it helps to rage, rage against the dying of the light. However, this fact bears repeating again and again, until the words crack through the hardened exteriors of those who would subvert existing lines of power and information. I am referring, of course, to the likes of Ahnuld.:realmad:

Ohmigosh, was that another one of those fillintheblanks forms? Wasnt' it Rick or Al that did it?

DaBlahDiBlahDiBlahBlahBlahh,....

Some people seem to have a ton of free time... Teach me the tricks...

here you go, Steve!

As much as I enjoy writing letter after letter about Mr. Steve X, the fact remains that to call Steve a beast is to defame all quadrupeds. Those readers of brittle disposition might do well to await a ride on the next emotionally indulgent transport; this one is scheduled nonstop over rocky roads. As soon as you're strapped in I'll announce something to the effect of how Steve justifies his smarmy ultimata with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept Steve's claim that Man's eternal search for Truth is a challenge to be avoided at all costs then he will make my blood curdle. What he fails to realize is that he is the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every damnable ideology finds expression in Steve X. To say that the sun rises just for him is stingy nonsense and untrue to boot. If you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which Steve may marginalize and eventually even outlaw responsible critics of the worst sorts of stuck-up witlings there are one of these days, then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that Steve wants us to believe that the moon is made of green cheese. How stupid does he think we are? If you maintain that everyone who doesn't share Steve's beliefs is a filthy, fatuitous grizzler deserving of death and damnation then you won't understand my answer no matter how carefully I explain it. You won't understand my answer if you contend that laws are meant to be broken. However, you have a chance at understanding my answer if you're open-minded enough to realize that some people have said that in this country we have an inalienable right to politic, protest, demonstrate, organize, run for office, and peacefully labor to shatter the adage that Steve has a "special" perspective on terrorism that carries with it a "special" right to mock, ridicule, deprecate, and objurgate people for their religious beliefs. Maybe. But I'm more inclined to believe that Steve's vassals often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.
The practical struggle which now begins, sketched in broad outlines, takes the following course: The purpose of this letter is far greater than to prove to you how lamebrained and contumelious Steve has become. The purpose of this letter is to get you to start thinking for yourself, to start thinking about how his list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that Steve's jeremiads command as much respect as the tales in the supermarket tabloids. But you knew that already. So let me add that Steve's occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are his promises. In fact, I am not embarrassed to admit that I have neither the training, the experience, the license, nor the clinical setting necessary to properly expand people's understanding of Steve's foul histrionics. Nevertheless, I doubtlessly do have the will to protect innocent, little children from footling dirtbags like him. That's why I claim that much of Steve's success is due to the rest of us bending over backwards to assist him and to overlook his failings. That concept can be extended, mutatis mutandis, to the way that once you get past the initial crowd-pleasing modes of thought, the remaining parts of his stratagems are merely the same depraved vision that Steve has been espousing for years. That should serve as the final, ultimate, irrefutable proof that we mustn't be content to patch and darn, to piece and cobble at the worn and rotten fabric of his improvident-to-the-core perceptions. Instead we must give our propaganda fighters an instrument that is very much needed at this time.
If Steve can give us all a succinct and infallible argument proving that advertising is the most veridical form of human communication, I will personally deliver his Nobel Prize for Intemperate Rhetoric. In the meantime, there is an unpleasant fact, painful to the tender-minded, that one can deduce from the laws of nature. This fact is also conclusively established by direct observation. It is a fact so obvious that rational people have always known it and no one doubted it until Steve and his brethren started trying to deny it. The fact to which I am referring states that Steve wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey his every command. To produce such an army, he plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach he takes, if you study Steve's short-sighted magic-bullet explanations long enough, you'll come to the inescapable conclusion that there is a problem here. A large, slaphappy, sinful problem.
The law is not just a moral stance. It is the consensus of society on our minimum standards of behavior. Just because I understand Steve's principles doesn't mean I agree with them. To be fair, the tone of Steve's contrivances is eerily reminiscent of that of factionalism-prone hoodlums of the late 1940s in the sense that if Steve can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen. It is similarly noteworthy that we need to look beyond the most immediate and visible problems with him. We need to look at what is behind these problems and understand that one of the things I find quite interesting is listening to other people's takes on things. For instance, I recently overheard some folks remark that given the public appetite for more accountability, on that basis, I should, at this point, direct our efforts toward clearly defined goals and measure progress toward those goals as frequently and as objectively as possible. So let him call me myopic. I call him loathsome.
Believe you me, we must fight the good fight. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to rage, rage against the dying of the light. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that illaudable grizzlers are the lowest form of human life.

I was mesmerized and couldn't stop. I didn't know what else to do.

Back