Live transfer leads $15

We bought some $15 telemarketed leads earlier this year from yet another scam telemarketing outfit. I still have an ongoing dispute on my credit card with them, you will find most telemarketers are a scam.

The calls we received spoke very little English, virtually all were uninsured (don't get me started on the uninsured market), most had no money or saw no value in Health Insurance.

They were some of the worst calls imaginable... I still don't see how people telemarket for Health Insurance, unless it is B2B or for Group Insurance.

Are you talking about residential calls? I've never tried residential, but BtoB telemarketed calls have been my main source of business for almost 2 years now.

If you're farming out telemarketing to an agency:

1) Don't pre-pay any large sum of money. Most will want you to purchase large campaigns. Instead, sign up for a trial campaign - the smallest trial possible.

2) Hit 'em hard after the 1st batch of leads. Basically, nip it in the bud. If I get 10 telemarketed leads on Monday they're all called on Tuesday. If it's junk something is happening or changing on Tuesday.

And to be honest TX, I don't know if BtoB telemarketed leads would return the results you're looking for with your format. It takes me over a week to sign up my average lead - who is a savvy small biz owner, not really pressed to make any changes however I can absolutely help them.

The attitude from most the leads who eventually become clients is:

Me: "Hi, I'm John from......."

Small biz owner: "Well whoop tee do. I'm actually busy here so let's make this short, ok?"

If you can deal with that kind of 'tude you'll be fine with BtoB telemarketed leads. A relationship has to be built first and most of them are in-person closes.

Last edited:
If you can deal with that kind of 'tude you'll be fine with BtoB telemarketed leads. A relationship has to be built first and most of them are in-person closes.

Yes I agree you need boots on the ground to close those deals.

Out of the last 20 deals I've closed off small biz telemarketed leads well over half wouldn't have budged with a phone presentation. Heck, some of my sits are small nightmares to close. Good - I like intelligent people who hammer me with questions.

Listen, we all know the scoop. When anyone's actually excited to talk to us they don't qualify.

It's also why most agents think telemarketed leads "suck." You will have a very difficult job signing them up online. They are legitimately busy and hard to pin down for a phone presentation - especially husband and wife. Owners work better when a time is scheduled for a meeting.

You try to sign 'em up online? Yeah...their phone rings, they look at the caller ID and think "Nah, not now." Boom - voice mail. Then the false notion is "well if they won't pick up the phone there's no interest and I'm glad I didn't schedule a meeting." Dead wrong.

Also, when agents call telemarketed leads back they expect "glad you called. Now let's talk about those new plans."

Lol. That's funny. All I'm looking for is people who have enough interest to at least converse with me - then it's my job to establish myself. All I really need is to find out if they have some type of problem. Most don't.

But that's not what most agents do. Most agents launch into sales mode and start going over plans and rates with the completely false notion that if you can save them money they'll switch.

There are types of leads which can be called that are easier to get to the decision maker. Certain businesses have flat business structures where the manager is the owner.

These are better for overseas leads. Direct mail and other forms of direct marketing are great ways to bring your product to people. The key is quality data, and well thought campaigns!

Has anyone ever used Transfer Guru at Transferguru.com ?
They use pre recorded messages and if the consumer hits the 1 on the phone, it's transferred to the agent. You can even use your own pre recorded message or have them do it. I'd like to hear from anyone that knows something about the company and the quality of their service. Thanks!

Rick

You know, with this thing called the internet, you can find out some interesting things.

I visited this site, and it took me about 60 seconds to find out; 1) the business address is an apartment complex in Santa Monica, and 2) even though the BBB logo is displayed prominently on the website, no BBB in SoCal has a member called transferguru.com, or it's parent Wyngate Int'l.

Suppose the "our clients" portion with the logos from blue-chippers like Dell, Allstate, Sprint, USA Today, etc. is for real?

Their website was created on 10/16/07 which puts them in business for less than three months, they bought the domain for only 1 year and they paid extra to register it as a private domain which simply means you cannot find out who actually owns the site and they don't want anyone knowing who owns the site. Solid business.

I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has tried these guys yet.

The P&C agency I work for has agreed to pony up some $799 I believe for 200 live transfers for auto. For a bit more the "gurus" said they could provide people who were 30 days from policy renewel.

Seeing that we have some 12 plus companies to quote from it would be great if these guys were legit.

How they got those name companies as clients that quick sees a bit odd though.

Now that I think about it, the owner of my agency also purchased an Allstate franchise (to go with his 10 plus offices) so I'm thinking he might be able to find out if Allstate has used these guys.

Back