Living Abroad

dswain

Anyone living in a different country selling insurance to Americans via web/phone? I would love to go to the Philippines for a year & continue to work.

Just a good VPN package before moving in. And also buy several US based phone numbers in case your number gets blacklisted. Renew your driver license and also apply for any non -resident state that requires finger printing before hand. You just need to clear 1000 a month to have a nice life on the beach in Philippines. 2000 a month you can party and drink like crazy.

Why this?

I have seriously considered The PI for a few months. Also parts of coastal Mexico and Central America.

Lets say you are in FIJI. If the non resident state like CA requires fingerprinting, you wont be able to get it done easily overseas. You would like to have to fly back which proved problematic during Covid. US embassies dont provide this service.

If you are established, it is something to consider. You loose face to face, but people are more open to zoom and telesales. I have no issues rolling peoples money over the zoom with the help of my assistants in Boston.

Lets say you are in FIJI. If the non resident state like CA requires fingerprinting, you wont be able to get it done easily overseas. You would like to have to fly back which proved problematic during Covid. US embassies dont provide this service.

If you are established, it is something to consider. You loose face to face, but people are more open to zoom and telesales. I have no issues rolling peoples money over the zoom with the help of my assistants in Boston.

Got it. I read it as a prerequisite. As long as I have the sates I want then I am good? You are saying if I want to pick a state that requires a fingerprint do it beforehand.

In my case, I will keep my resident state, probably CA as it is the majority of my book, and just a couple others I may want to change the home base to.

Back