Living Benefits - Do they help close the sale?

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
Living Benefits - Do they help close the sale?

1) What about Child Riders?

2) What about AD&D?

Our virtual call center touts the benefits of Living Benefits, but it is not a sale...it is a choice. Our call outline lays out Option 1 and Option 2 (FUW vs. Non-Med), then we break it into a 3rd at price delivery. Works like a charm, but again no sale actually happening...just having a client to choose 1, 2, or 3. Living Benefits is crucial if you want to win against the likes of a SelectQuote type agency.

Living benefits are part of the overall picture, and can add SOME value, but not much. But, every little bit of value added to the proposition helps. If someone is at 99% and the living benefit adds 1% value, you just sold the deal.

I definitely wouldn't put much emphasis on it. It's not going to convert a lukewarm lead to red hot by any means.

Reactions: DHK
AD&D, Living Benefits, & Children riders are all great value adders. Differentiates yourself from the competition. Most agents are selling price. Sell VALUE.

McDonalds pays over $1 to get you to the drive through. You go thinking you'll buy that $1 item...& then they ask...would you like fries with that? :)

Hook...line... & sinker...

AD&D, Living Benefits, & Children riders are all great value adders. Differentiates yourself from the competition. Most agents are selling price. Sell VALUE.

McDonalds pays over $1 to get you to the drive through. You go thinking you'll buy that $1 item...& then they ask...would you like fries with that? :)

Hook...line... & sinker...
That's another $1,, The money is made with "What to drink?" . and you glad pay $1.69 for a 13 cent item.. And, then there is the offer to "super size".. :yes:

Living benefits are part of the overall picture, and can add SOME value, but not much. But, every little bit of value added to the proposition helps. If someone is at 99% and the living benefit adds 1% value, you just sold the deal.

I definitely wouldn't put much emphasis on it. It's not going to convert a lukewarm lead to red hot by any means.

Maybe, maybe not. Really depends on the prospect perspective not ours. I am working with a 69 year old current client that mentioned her long-term care policy. While not happy about the rates she would not stop paying for it. Those living benefits are very important to her.

IMohsoHO

The sale is made when the fact finder is completed*...unless you're nothing more than an "order taker."

*provided you do one and ask the right questions.

I agree with most of what is already said here. This is where you'll need to make sure to LISTEN to your client. Most agents struggle because they still aren't LISTENING to their client. Using a fact-finder and simply having a "CONVERSATION" with your client will reveal what's important to them.

Once you find out what's important there is no sell. It's simply a SOLUTION to their problem and pain, and that's where you provide the value as an agent to point them to those solutions and educate the client. Living Benefits can help if they add value for your client.

Back