Living Wills Door Hanger Prospecting

Brazillmark said:
Anyone have experiences to share on Living Wills Door Hanger Prospecting to get into the door for FE?

I would worry about crossing to closely to practicing law without a license.

THis Living will post has been out here since 2008. So, has anyone jumped in and prospected using the living will as a prospecting tool? Everyone seems to think it is a great idea, me included. I'd like to hear how successful this has been for other agents.

Everyone seems to think it is a great idea, me included. I'd like to hear how successful this has been for other agents.
Since you're not getting a lot of testimony, I have to question the effectiveness...

Just a WAG, but the FE crowd wouldn't seem to have the level of sophistication or intelligence to grasp the value of estate planning documents.

PS-Doorhangers are great - for selling pizza.

There are a 1000 ways to prospect using the living wills. Some people add it to a door hanger.

In general door hangers are a hit or miss. Ive seen as little as 500 put out and 2 sales from it and as many as 2000 and nothing from it. Most of the people using door hangers give up after placing 50 of them on doors.

Also know that a living will is not a will and you dont have to be a lawyer to do your own living will.

Welcome Insurance Agents-Free Living Will Prospecting System

There are many different ways to prospect, but it seems like a dying art. Just like asking for referrals.

There are a 1000 ways to prospect using the living wills. Some people add it to a door hanger.

In general door hangers are a hit or miss. Ive seen as little as 500 put out and 2 sales from it and as many as 2000 and nothing from it. Most of the people using door hangers give up after placing 50 of them on doors.

Also know that a living will is not a will and you dont have to be a lawyer to do your own living will.

Welcome Insurance Agents-Free Living Will Prospecting System

There are many different ways to prospect, but it seems like a dying art. Just like asking for referrals.

Mark is right about living wills being a legal document. It is only a written statement of your wishes but it doesnot have to be followed by whomever is legally calling the shots if you are unable to make decisions for yourself.

When I started selling funeral Preneed in 1996, they were promoting free living will kits. Lots of responses but unfortunately every broke person that already has life insurance in the world wants one if it's free. I learned quickly that if I want to sell insurance, it's best to advertise for people what want to buy insurance...not free junk.

You won't get prosecuted. You are giving away a free Living Will Kit. Not a free living will. You are giving away a cookie cutter document that THEY fill in the blanks. You are not giving legal advice.

As for door hangers in general, the only success I have had with them is when I knock a door, I leave a door hanger if no one is home. On rare occasions someone will call you as a result. The advantage is if you go back and knock that door again, the door hanger makes you a little more "remember-able" than if you had just left your business card on the door. Plus, the door hanger has given them a little information about what you want to discuss with them.

I haven't had any luck at all by simply going through a neighborhood placing a door hanger on the doorknob of each house and then waiting for people to call. Probably less effective than placing FE flyers on auto windshields in the mall parking lot.

Back