Loneliness....how do you deal with it?

I just do not understand selling from home, over the internet, and the phone. I don't think I would want to do it. Never do something you don't want to do, it will become tedious. Do what you enjoy.

The key to hiring an assistant is to make availability for overnight travel a requirement. That should narrow it down to available women. Unless you want to hire a dude (teh ghey).

Until you can afford to hire your future mistress, focus on the senior market -- they're lonely too!

When you eliminate the verbage (not verbiage) on this post there is actually some sound advice.

I recommend you set up shop at a Starbucks for a few hours a day, a few times a week with your laptop and a cell phone, you get to interact with people, they hear you on the phone speaking about insurance and it creates the human interaction you're craving.

It helped two other agents that I know of.

Not all people are cut out to be independent agents.

I experienced the same thing for a couple of months when I went independent. I had been captive for five years.

Even though I still go on appointments, talking to prospects face to face is still not the same as being around people who who share the same interests you have. When you are with a prospect you are "on" and constantly aware of what you are saying and the way you say it and intently listening to what they are and are not saying.

Selling insurance is work, for me it is not a social activity. Once I got away from the BSing agents I use to work with I was more focused. I don't need someone telling me "good job" or chewing my ass out because I didn't meet his expectations that week to be productive.

I learned to work hard and play even harder. I am not a "joiner" and probably don't play well with others anyway. Jacqueline and I have a very active social life, go out to dinner several times a week and enjoy doing many of the same things together. Go ahead and bust my ass but she really is my best friend.

It comes down to having a life away from insurance and for me that is not spending time joining organizations like the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.

Spend your work time making money and your play time away from insurance and insurance agents. Most of them are pretty boring anyway. :laugh:

Back