Looking for a good way to send thank you and birthday cards

I got signed up with the paid plan and it went pretty smoothly mailing out 81 birthday cards. I didn't have any problem with the import but I studied the tutorial for a while before trying it. Anyway it worked fast and easy so I'm happy. I think that when you figure in the 100 free group sends and 10 extras a month loyalty, plus the free cards and postage on single sends, The Enterprise package is a decent deal. I think it'll save me a lot of time on something that'll help my retention and referral numbers, so that's something. Thanks to all of you for your comments.

Just an update: One lady came in my office today as a referral from one of the 81 January birthday cards I sent out, and she did an OEP MAPD with me. I know it's not always going to be this measurable, but I'm satisfied with the system.

There is probably an easy way to change the DOB format in excel. Excel is incredibly flexible and if you have any data in it it can normally be manipulated and reformatted with formulas - then the formulas copied all at once to reformat all cells.

How exactly is the DOB entered in right now in the cell? May be an easy fix...

You don't even need to know how to write formulas.

Just do this in Excel:
  1. Right click on the column
  2. Select "format cells"
  3. Select "date"
  4. Click on your preferred format.
Easy peasy.

Last edited:
You don't even need to know how to write formulas.

Just do this in Excel:
  1. Right click on the column
  2. Select "format cells"
  3. Select "date"
  4. Click on your preferred format.
Easy peasy.

Yes you're right it was absolutely easy as pie! I actually googled it and found the process. It took less than a minute and everything was formatted right. The whole upload from excel to SOC was just that easy as well.

There are benefits to every failure. When I didn't meet quota at Mutual of Omaha, I got fired and worked as a word processor in Manhattan.

I learned Microsoft Office pretty well.

I also learned I didn't want to be an employee. Ever. Again.

Shortly after that (around 2004) I got back in the business as an independent agent.

SOC changed their pricing last year and got very expensive IMO. I now using a similar service called BannerSeason. Much simpler and cost effective. No monthly minimums or auto pricing. Just pay as you go.

Here is the link: BannerSeason

You need an invite code to set up an account. You can use mine: TRUSTEE

Back