Looking For A Mentor/Coach !

LOL! Yeah that's what caught my attention about your post. I worked for Giant Eagle as a prepared foods manager. Sounds like we we're both full of overworked and underpaid! I just got started with my own agency. I haven't written any policies yet, I just started marketing and word of mouth advertising. I took the beginning of December to learn my products and get some CE credits. Right now I'm focussing on the senior market, final expense and medicare. How about you? What lines are you focussing on? Are you starting your own agency? I just interviewed with American Income Life today. Like you I haven't been able to get properly trained, or at least comfortable. I know I can do it on my own, but I'm looking for someone to fine-tune my skills, so to speak. That's why I went to American Income Life. They do provide training and then in a few years I can try the Independent route. I'm still weighing out the pro's and con's and they haven't made an offer yet, so we'll see.:)

Last edited:

LOL! Yeah that's what caught my attention about your post. I worked for Giant Eagle as a prepared foods manager. Sounds like we we're both full of overworked and underpaid! I just got started with my own agency. I haven't written any policies yet, I just started marketing and word of mouth advertising. I took the beginning of December to learn my products and get some CE credits. Right now I'm focussing on the senior market, final expense and medicare. How about you? What lines are you focussing on? Are you starting your own agency? I just interviewed with American Income Life today. Like you I haven't been able to get properly trained, or at least comfortable. I know I can do it on my own, but I'm looking for someone to fine-tune my skills, so to speak. That's why I went to American Income Life. They do provide training and then in a few years I can try the Independent route. I'm still weighing out the pro's and con's and they haven't made an offer yet, so we'll see.:)
Wow...you left the "Evil Empire", Giant Eagle? lol
I started about a year ago with a huge health insurance broker...what I hated was having to be chained to the phones setting luke-warm appointments for myself. Didn't really get any phjone training, no sales training, no "overcoming objections" training so I went with a company that sets the appointments for me for mortgage protection. So, what did you think of the company that you interviewed with? Is it salary and commission or straight commission? Do you think that you'll go with them?

John

I am a fairly new agent who is having moderate to average success in the business as a new guy. I feel as if I could be doing much better with some hand-holding/training. I'm not interested in Webinars or Books..I've done that and they do work to a point but what I'm really in search of is a seasoned agent who would let me tag along on appointments, cold calling, door knocking, networking, prospecting, etc...anyone have any suggestions on where I could start my search? I read the posts of all of the seasoned, successful agents on this forum but what I really want is to see what that good performance looks like up close and personal. I'm near Pittsburgh and I really don't know any wildly successful agents that I could ask.

Thank You
John

I may be of help. I write Final Expense with Sr. Life Insurance Co. Most of the agents use the phone for tele-sales. However, the #1 agent in our Co. works the Philadelphia area doing face 2 face presentations. He writes $6k-$8k+ per week just like clockwork without using an appointment setter. Final expense is all we do. If you'd like to discuss contracting and riding with this agent call me 252-292-3350 anytime....Greg.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What part of Pennsylvania are you in? I am also a new agent getting started. I live in the Pittsburgh area. I use to be a retail/restaurant manager and made the jump into this business as well. It's been hard finding help and training. I have accomplished alot on my own and this site and everyone one here has been really helpful. If your local and interested in joining forces let me know. Even if it's to vent and encourage each other. My e-mail is [email protected].

You are invited also as well as any other Pennsylvania agents.

Last edited:
Wow...you left the "Evil Empire", Giant Eagle? lol
I started about a year ago with a huge health insurance broker...what I hated was having to be chained to the phones setting luke-warm appointments for myself. Didn't really get any phjone training, no sales training, no "overcoming objections" training so I went with a company that sets the appointments for me for mortgage protection. So, what did you think of the company that you interviewed with? Is it salary and commission or straight commission? Do you think that you'll go with them?

John

John,
How did you know Giant Eagle was an Evil Empire! LOL Are you working through NAA? I got a call from them last year when I put on my resume about getting licensed. How are they to work for? Not sure what to think of AIL yet, I go back today for the second interview. It's straight commission and they have a fairly descent pay scale, that's what I'm afraid of. It sounds really good. I'll let you know what I decide. Their office is in Wexford. If your interested let me know. My personal e-mail is [email protected]. Your more than welcome to e-mail me there. Look forward to talking with you some more, I have to get ready for my interview! :)

I am a fairly new agent who is having moderate to average success in the business as a new guy. I feel as if I could be doing much better with some hand-holding/training. I'm not interested in Webinars or Books..I've done that and they do work to a point but what I'm really in search of is a seasoned agent who would let me tag along on appointments, cold calling, door knocking, networking, prospecting, etc...anyone have any suggestions on where I could start my search? I read the posts of all of the seasoned, successful agents on this forum but what I really want is to see what that good performance looks like up close and personal. I'm near Pittsburgh and I really don't know any wildly successful agents that I could ask.

Thank You
John

I offer a lot of "hand holding" to learn to sell Med Supps. Give me a call if you are interested, 573.544.4091.

There is no easy way to sell life insurance. I personally sell it by walking in businesses and making a case to the owner about why they should review their coverage with me.

There is no easy way to sell life insurance. .

What? I see ads all the time, talking about selling insurance over the phone and make $200k a year from doing it. That seem easy enough to me.

You you saying this is not a get rich quick type of thing?

Back