Looking for a New Medigap with Different Underwriting

Honestly Occifer, I'm not under the alcofluence of incohol, but some thinkle pink that the drinker i stand here the longer i get, I've only had ti martwonis, and i've got all sober to sunday up. so siss on you pister, what in the world makes you think you're so smucking fart?!

What, you mean you are NOT drinking...? I thought for sure you were...

After being in the bar business for many years, I am an expert at spotting those with impaired thoughts from the overindulgence of alcohol... and thought for sure you fit that bill... (not pun intended, Bill). :goofy::biggrin::err::twitchy::1laugh:

I'll take that as a compliment. My guess would be that anyone that had an iq higher than a snail's would seem impaired to you.

I'll just put all of my clients with mutual of Omaha because they are A rated and never have increases...

I heard Bankers Life never had rate increases . . . ever.

And Newby is handing out 28% street level commission contracts.

I'll take that as a compliment. My guess would be that anyone that had an iq higher than a snail's would seem impaired to you.

I'm sure you only mean that in the nicest of ways, don't you bill...? Thought so.... ;)

Just so you know, I wasn't bustin your ballz any and all intended tongue in cheek. :1cute:

I have to disagree with Frank a bit on this one. I had a few people with Shenandoah Life med sups when they hit the wall.

They didn't pull the product. They just had huge rate increases.

I only had 3 of them and 2 were healthy enough to move elsewhere. The other stayed an extra year and then went with an MAPD.

Shenandoah was A rated but failed. It can happen to ANY company. But if you accept low rated or unrated companies it is even more likely.

I guess I don't understand the logic here...

An A rated company went broke and was taken over by the state so that the policy holders saw huge rate increases. And this is the argument for selling policies from only A rated companies.

I guess I don't understand the logic here...

An A rated company went broke and was taken over by the state so that the policy holders saw huge rate increases. And this is the argument for selling policies from only A rated companies.

I didn't say A rated. I said companies that don't have bad ratings or no ratings.

The logic is that a C rated company is MUCH more likely to to fail as an A rated or B rated. When the failed company is taken over by the state they will likely raise rates.

It can and does happen with ANY company but why increase the odds.

State Life was a perfect example. The dropped to a C rating but a lot of agents were selling them and saying how easy they were to do business with. They failed a year later. Who didn't see that coming?

Mutual Benefit, Baldwin United, Executive Life, AIG . . . the list goes on of "highly rated" carriers that have fallen on hard times. Most of them are no longer with us.

Mutual of Omaha decided to abandon the major med business after being the only game in town (other than BX) for many years and when they did they left policyholders in a lurch.

Ratings mean nothing. Many well known gap carriers are B rated or unrated. In GA the following gap carriers are non-rated.

Blue Cross
Heartland
Assured
Family
GPM
Medico
Secure Horizons
Consumers Life
Continental
USAA

Yet there are a lot of people that will buy from at least some of these carriers without giving it a second thought.

Mutual of Omaha decided to abandon the major med business after being the only game in town (other than BX) for many years and when they did they left policyholders in a lurch.

Ratings mean nothing. Many well known gap carriers are B rated or unrated. In GA the following gap carriers are non-rated.

Blue Cross
Heartland
Assured
Family
GPM
Medico
Secure Horizons
Consumers Life
Continental
USAA

Yet there are a lot of people that will buy from at least some of these carriers without giving it a second thought.

Dammit somarco... you've always got to bring reason, stats and sanity to the discussion. You ruin things by doing so... :goofy:

Back