Looking for Advice

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I feel like I have been confused on what to do for years and it seeming like I have been going in circles and never taking a step to advance my career. Right now I am selling Life, LTC, DI, Annuities and I have been considering adding P&C to help get my foot in additional doors. My situation is that I am captive with a company that provides me my "leads"...policy holders and "members" of the organization for me to prospect for potential business. The company is completely life focused and none of my other business counts towards production requirements. Basically they are happy as long as you sell the required Applications but could care less of how much or in most cases how little you make. Many agents in my agency find themselves trying to break up a $100 per month budget into 4-6 life apps just to make quota which creates more "paperwork" for less comp. I feel like I spend more time working for what the "company" wants rather than what is best for my wallet/family.

I have reached the point where I feel I need to move on but I am really stuck on where to go... Not sure if I should transition to a big box company, small agency which they all seem like your just a broker for or should I go independent??? Not really sure...I have ZERO experience on how to hit the streets and find potential leads/prospects...Clients, so I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do. What I would like but I am not sure if this is even a options is a small agency that I can sell for any company under the sun and have some sales support/management but without being "micro-managed" and get my feet wet in the P&C business. It would be a great bonus if the offered me health insurance since I already have that with my current company.

Any suggestions, support, advice would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional info please let me know.

Back