Looking for an Independent Insurance Company to Work As a Captive

rmiller

Good Morning,
This is my very first post on the forum. I've only been in insurance since May of this year. I'm licensed in my home state of SC and also a nonresident license in Ga. I'm looking for a new independent agency in the upstate of SC to work for as a captive agent. I've been working for an agency as independent and basically their bad preset call company has run me broke from chasing very bad leads of which alot claimed to never have been called. I would like to work as a captive agent with a company to sell Final Expense, Term, Annuitys, Critical Illness policies and Medicare Products in the Upstate of SC and North Eastern Ga. If anyone has a suggestion on how to find captive independent agencies, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Looking for an Independent Insurance Company to Work As a Cap

You don't need to go captive, just read the senior, and life section, you can speak to , Mark, Josh, TD,Todd, insuranceman. any of them will give you good advice. Also you have EFES,or Securus. Each has their + and -. Read what they have to say. and then talk with any of them. Who are you with now?

Right now, I'm with South Atlantic and our FMO is Cutler. I like the group but just not getting the results and leads that I was promised. It has put me in a financial bind. I will talk the above guys mentioned. Thanks!

Captive company and IA are 2 enteirely different things, have another beer dude

Captive company and IA are 2 enteirely different things, have another beer dude

Not really. You can be a captive agent with an independent agency and it's actually relatively common.

To the OP, any particular reason you don't want to go fully independent?

He is just looking for advice on where to turn, rmiller, if you signed your life away, and you may have trouble getting a release, what insurance companies, are you selling. It may take you 6 months to get releases.

I'm selling for Foresters, Monumental, Standard Life, Care Improvement Plus, Humana, Conseco, Winsdor, United Home Life and Golden Rule. Iniatally, I did want to be totally independent. But then after investing money in bad preset leads from my company, I've been put in a bad financial spot. I feel if I can go captive with an Independent I can sell a variety of products to fit the client but also have my leads furnished to me from their expense of generating mailers or presets instead of my expense as before. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

You are caught between a rock and a hard spot. Most likely you will have a problem with releases. you should talk with greg, insuranceman, or TD. They both sell Senior life. Seach senior life. They my pop up.

If you want to work captive with an insurance company and sell brokerage with products they do not sell try Monumental Life the have the UFS arm that make their agents capable of writing most types of life health and annuities contracts.

I'm selling for Foresters, Monumental, Standard Life, Care Improvement Plus, Humana, Conseco, Winsdor, United Home Life and Golden Rule. Iniatally, I did want to be totally independent. But then after investing money in bad preset leads from my company, I've been put in a bad financial spot. I feel if I can go captive with an Independent I can sell a variety of products to fit the client but also have my leads furnished to me from their expense of generating mailers or presets instead of my expense as before. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

You should go to my website and read about, "The cost of being captive".

Back