Looking for Feedback on a Sales Script

Follow David's (DHK) advice and go to bullet points.

If you have your questions written out you will read them. Suggestion . . .

Scratch this . . .

Great! I usually like to set the stage for our conversation up front. That being said, my job is to see if I have a solution that can help reduce your costs and improve on what you currently have. If I have an idea that will work, I'll make a recommendation (or two). If I don't, at least we know that you're in the best place without changing anything. I'd like to take around 10 minutes to ask you a few questions to make sure you're qualified and what your needs are. This way I can tailor my recommendation to meet those needs. Does that make sense?

By the time you get through that they have either hung up or fallen asleep. Presumably your assistant has explained what you do. No need to repeat. Get to the point and get to it FAST. Jump into

Why are you shopping your plan? Besides price, what else don’t you like about your plan? What do you like the most about your plan?

When they give you answers, you know where their pain is and what you need to do to move forward.

If I could . . . give you the improvements you want and the same or lower price than you pay now, would that be of something of interest?

(Assume they say yes).

Before we go forward, I need to find out if you can qualify. Are you in good health? What kind of medications do you take?

If they are not in good health there is no reason to go forward.

In 5 minutes I can find out where their pain is, what it is going to take to get their attention, and how their health is. Some conversations only last 5 minutes. Others go for 15 minutes are longer.

Those usually result in a sale.

There is no reason to spend more than 5 minutes in a QUALIFYING initial conversation. You don't need a script for that.

Everything else in your script can be bullet points. Don't write out what you are going to say.

Give me a call this week if you want to talk. Much easier to talk through this vs posting here.

Might I suggest that you change it to 'solution' or 'program'?

I switched it over to "solution". I also did some additional editing where I think the verbiage is either redundant and could be taken out to flow better OR added some additional questions/information to continue to build credibility.

I think this final draft is pretty good to start testing, but (as always) I'm open to feedback.

Thank you again for your advice.

Attachments

• Sales Script 2.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
Give me a call this week if you want to talk. Much easier to talk through this vs posting here.

Thank you for your offer. I'm going to let some of this kick around and digest before I take your time and call. This way I can get any questions formulated and save your time.

I couldn't agree more. I sell med supps over the phone in calif. I get to the point as quickly as possible. The phrase "my job" was taught to me 30+ yrs ago when I first started selling insurance. Apparently, it has value in the eyes of successful producers.

Since Med Supps are "Standardized," the only difference per each plan is the price. So, I tell prospects immediately that I may be able to save them thousands of dollars in premiums over their lifetime.

Good luck.

"My job..." that is an excellent pivot as well as a "professional" way to approach moving forward. It gives the person who has know idea of who you are, an indication of at least what you do.

Great point... one I must admit I have not been using as I should.

It has never escaped me in this business how much we have to return to the basics.

Thanks for the reminder. :noteworthy:

"My job..." that is an excellent pivot as well as a "professional" way to approach moving forward. It gives the person who has know idea of who you are, an indication of at least what you do.

Great point... one I must admit I have not been using as I should.

It has never escaped me in this business how much we have to return to the basics.

Thanks for the reminder. :noteworthy:
Yep, sometimes we tend to over complicate things. I remember in years past, if I was in a slump, going back to the basics always ended the slump. :yes:

I like the script a lot!

But two comments.

1) What about the KO questions, "Do you have any upcoming surgeries, tests etc including cataract surgeries that have not yet been performed?"
2) How about mentioning Plan N, since F is going to be sunset and G will start being hit with price increases as it will be a GI plan beginning next year?

Scratch this . . .

Great! I usually like to set the stage for our conversation up front. That being said, my job is to see if I have a solution that can help reduce your costs and improve on what you currently have. If I have an idea that will work, I'll make a recommendation (or two). If I don't, at least we know that you're in the best place without changing anything. I'd like to take around 10 minutes to ask you a few questions to make sure you're qualified and what your needs are. This way I can tailor my recommendation to meet those needs. Does that make sense?

Definitely follow @somarco on his ideas and advice. (I did disclose that I don't sell Medicare Supplements.)

However, if you were going to do in-person appointments, scripting like this would help you to "set the stage". But if he's got a far better and more efficient/effective way to do it by phone, follow that advice.

Back