Looking for the Everyone's Opinon

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
Looking for the Everyone's Opinon - Office Set Up

I know alot of you guys are running paperless offices and I wanted to see how everyone manages their business this way or if they feel it would be better just keeping plain old manila folders in my file cabinet?

What do you bring with you on appointments if you dont have a file for your client? What do you scan in the computer for your digital client file?

How do some of you run your offices with paper and still stay organized? I know I have about 1000 people I manage and both paper and paperless seem to be difficult to wrap my head around.

I like having the paper to write notes on but I find that I have alot of useless crap in there also.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Pick one or the other...the combo makes life difficult. If you like to do paper notes, then scan and file it to the clients electronic folder. Keeps everything consistent and neat but still allows you to use both methods. NEAT has a great system for filing. A little pricey but does good work.

I personally prefer electronic for several reasons. Can keep a careers worth of records and never run out of space. Electronic searches are much quicker than running through paper files. Can back up electronic files and store them in multiple places in case of a disaster and they still take up no space.

Electronic is the way everything is going now. Paper is almost useless for a business anymore. I use an electronic filing system that stores all my docs, certs, bulk e-mails, allows me to take payments through the software. I never use anything else anymore. Policy Spot is the software I use and it's reasonably priced and a fairly new company from what I understand.

I know alot of you guys are running paperless offices

I like having the paper to write notes on but I find that I have alot of useless crap in

Although I only sell by phone in front of a computer, for some dumb reason I still find the need to take handwritten notes of everything said. I circle and underline their hot buttons and then tie them all together after active listening.

Sometimes I even scan my notes and put it in their electronic folder. Usually I just grab the relevant data for my CRM. The details of what is most important, their dog, what their kids do for a living, make the most impact whem they're brought up in future conversations. So, capturing all of that is, I guess, not so dumb after all.

Last edited:
Although I only sell by phone in front of a computer, for some dumb reason I still find the need to take hamdwritten notes of everything said. I circle and underline their hot buttons and then tie them all together after active listening.

Sometimes I even scan my notes and put it in their electronic folder. Usually I just grab the relevant data for my CRM. The details of what is most important, their dog, what their kids do for a living, make the most impact whem they're brought up in future conversations. So, capturing all of that is, I guess, not so dumb after all.

I do it the same way...

So it seems no matter what way I look at it digital is better than having paper files.

Digital is better. However, if you don't keep scanning, and adding data to your CRM, you can get lost in no time.

Back