Looking to Go Independant in CA. Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

Hey Feenix, pm me I can point you in the right direction. I'm in the OC

DDomingu, I am on the same boat with Feenix right now but I quit Farmers after 10 years. I am under non-compete period and looking for a GA to work with. I am in OC too.

Please send me information. Thanks alot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the reply. I have been entertaining that idea but its tough to find an agency that is willing to let you leave with your book, let alone even buy you out in some sort of way. I have spoken to several Indy's and they offer a ridiculously low commission split and they wont let you leave with your book.

Im willing to turn in my book for 2 years of solid guidance and follow through by a veteran Broker and learn the ropes. But don't want to be cheated either.

I am tottaly agree with you but to find a good & fair one is not that easy.

I hope you will share with me about the good news. I will let you know which one I am appointed with.

Last edited:
Look into Appalachian Underwriters. Someone recommended them to me. I called them and they were very helpful.

I have decided to come on board with a reputable brokerage in the Los Angeles area. They have been in business for over 30 years and are appointed with all the major carriers. This wasnt what I really wanted but in talking to many people in the industry looks like its a must in my current situation.

DDomingu, I am on the same boat with Feenix right now but I quit Farmers after 10 years. I am under non-compete period and looking for a GA to work with. I am in OC too.

Please send me information. Thanks alot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am tottaly agree with you but to find a good & fair one is not that easy.

I hope you will share with me about the good news. I will let you know which one I am appointed with.

We are looking to bring on another producer. We have different options for someone looking to bring in his own accounts vs someone who works our leads.

I don't understand why anyone would work with a GA or cut a producer deal (unless you are there to learn which is recommended). There are plenty of direct appointments you can get that are extremely easy to acquire.

Not to be a dick but your lack of research and resourcefulness leads me to suggest you start as a producer for an indie and figure out your industry.

But sure to answer your question: superior access and insurance noodle are some popular places to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back