Losing potential customers help

Social security is now taking 60 full days to process A and B. If you aren’t checking to make sure it’s processed, the member needs to wait another 30 days to get the card. There is a reason why there is a new SEP out there stating delayed processing A and B. Social security is completely disfunctional and swamped. If you don’t have sunfire, UHC chat function is awesome. They have no problem looking up the number for you. Always get the members permission, dob, name and address and unfortunately social security number. If they give all of that to you, they are a committed member to you. Explain the process to them so they understand

So your saying I can insert someone’s name , date of birth and ss # who just got there medicare card . There not 65 and it’s not active and Sunfire will show me there medicare# that’s not active yet ?

Sunfire doesn't have that functionality, you need DOB and MBI.

Social security is now taking 60 full days to process A and B. If you aren’t checking to make sure it’s processed, the member needs to wait another 30 days to get the card. There is a reason why there is a new SEP out there stating delayed processing A and B. Social security is completely disfunctional and swamped. If you don’t have sunfire, UHC chat function is awesome. They have no problem looking up the number for you. Always get the members permission, dob, name and address and unfortunately social security number. If they give all of that to you, they are a committed member to you. Explain the process to them so they understand

Seriously? That’s how bad it is? Ive always been told 2-3 weeks. I suppose I could look people up by their social, but I feel like that is a nuisance. “Hey you didnt get your card yet let’s look you up, I’ll need your social”. Maybe it just me.

make sure you are building trust and not just sounding like a salesman.

Trying to. I believe I come across as trustworthy, but I could be wrong. I usually build rapport for a little while, find common ground, and educate. Definitely don’t sound like a salesman I know that part. I guess I don’t know how to actually build trust now that I think about it. Any ideas?

Maybe Im going about this the wrong way…maybe I should be only doing the A/B enrollment the first visit, then the second visit going over all the health plans with them. Maybe im giving them too much to start with;

If you are helping them apply for A and B through ssa.gov, you definitely earned their trust and deserve the business. Not many agents out there mess with social security. What I do is help them apply for Medicare, go over their needs and recommendations write down social security and dob on competed SOA form and explain that I will be monitoring this. It could take two months to process but as soon as it is processed, I will call you so we can wrap up your plan choice. If you don’t want to get that sensitive info, you can tell them that you can do a conference call to Medicare to get the number Medicare releases the number to beneficiaries that asks without any problems. You can ask UHC if you are doing a UHC plan but the other carriers I work with won’t give it out to me. So I call Medicare to get it

Also, the member knows when it’s been processed by social security when they sign into ssa.gov. They can also get the number that way but most don’t know how to get the number so we just do a conference call to Medicare. If they already have part A, then it takes 3-4 weeks to process. It’s A and B that takes 60 days to process

At least you aren’t doing this during your meetings! This just showed up on advertising
Warning: Enrollment closes on Wednesday, 04/10/2024 at midnight.

Claim Your FREE $1,815 Food Allowance Before Deadlines Are Announced​

Emily is Online.
Sender Avatar

Hi 👋
I'm Emily from Health Benefits.
Want to find out if you qualify for up to $1,815 in food

I'm seeing them in 10-14 days unless there is a problem

Back