Losing potential customers help

First, they can get the Medicare number in their ssa.gov acct once approved. Look for "benefits" letter.

2nd, I'm 100% phone, but If I did do face to face, I would help them enroll in a/b over the phone, and set F2F appt a month out. Waste of time to do 2 meetings. One and done!

I’ve been having an issue lately with potential clients, which i’ll describe. Some of these potential clients are going missing after our first initial meeting. These are all in person appointments, and typically what happens is we will meet up and I will go over Medicare with them and then we will do an application for Medicare parts A and B, then find out if they want a supp or MAPD, then go over prices and plan benefits and negatives, and ill give them an idea of their costs. Pretty much everything is done except for the actual plan enrollment(s).

I leave with letting them to know to give me a call and we can do the enrollment for the plan they chose over the phone. A month or two later if I dont hear anything, Ill reach out to them via email and a phone call…sometimes I hear back from them, other times they fall off the face of the earth. These people also are the ones saying “we will call right away”.

Im not pushy at all, I give them the whole picture, and talk to them like they're friends. Any ideas on what might be happening here?

I start off my process just as you do. Before I leave, or shortly after, I ask my potential client if they'd like me to check to see which plans their doctors accept, and what their drug costs would look like. That provides me an opportunity for an ongoing conversation about what plan(s) might look the best. If they have employer insurance and might be continuing with that, I offer to compare the plans for their benefit. I do reach out some time after that to find out if they have questions, and to find out what direction they're leaning towards. I try not to leave them on their own for very long.

I’ve been having an issue lately with potential clients, which i’ll describe. Some of these potential clients are going missing after our first initial meeting. These are all in person appointments, and typically what happens is we will meet up and I will go over Medicare with them and then we will do an application for Medicare parts A and B, then find out if they want a supp or MAPD, then go over prices and plan benefits and negatives, and ill give them an idea of their costs. Pretty much everything is done except for the actual plan enrollment(s).

I leave with letting them to know to give me a call and we can do the enrollment for the plan they chose over the phone. A month or two later if I dont hear anything, Ill reach out to them via email and a phone call…sometimes I hear back from them, other times they fall off the face of the earth. These people also are the ones saying “we will call right away”.

Im not pushy at all, I give them the whole picture, and talk to them like they're friends. Any ideas on what might be happening here?

I think these are two of the bigger issues here, never leave the ball in their court to reach out, set the appointment there and get confirmation of that appointment. Also, they aren't your friends, its a professional relationship.. treat it that way!

I think these are two of the bigger issues here, never leave the ball in their court to reach out, set the appointment there and get confirmation of that appointment. Also, they aren't your friends, its a professional relationship.. treat it that way!

Yep, this is what im adhering to. Im helping them do the A an B over the phone if at all possible, then doing the signup in person.

Either way, Im setting appointments instead of letting them call me. Im also putting that appointment into my appt software so it will send reminders of that appointment. Hardest part with this is estimating when they will receive their medicare card.

Back