Loss Ratio Issues Continue

The city is a beotch. I told you not to write that *&^%! ;)

'Redline it' without redlining! Make your own U/W guidelines, Erie's are not strict enough. In NY we can make biz decisions on what is best for our agency, this is not redlining. Writing auto in the 5 boroughs is not whats best for your agency for sure.
PIP in NY is a beotch and the flip side is Erie just pays these claims. They are not 'hip' to the game. I've seen it on my end too. These claims get severe quick and Erie doesn't stop the hemorrhaging with IMEs and cutting these cockroaches off. And thats what these people are let's be honest.
Re-underwrite and get off of them.
They also pay liability claims without much fight. The attorneys know this. They love to work on suits involving Erie. They don't deal with Allstate, etc b/c they nail their balls to the walls. Erie doesn't, so know this. You can't change it.

I now only accommodate rewrites in NYC and haven't had issues with them. I was snookered a few times and that was enough.

Recently I learned- A lot of the agents in this market are having profitably issues. It is not just you. They are on sinking ships. They are not new either. Fix it now. Say I know I have this issue, but look at what I am proactively doing.

Re-underwrite. Get off of that crap. And be careful in Philly too. It's all cockroach business.

Back