Low cost or free marketing and lead generating ideas?

Something that people on here rarely mention, but has a high roi, is car door magnets. You won't get very many calls from them, but for a relatively small investment, you'll get a respectively large return.

I agree - door magnets get attention.

I had door magnets on my car and use to live 60 miles from my office, majority of them freeway miles. 75 speed limit to me = 84. Get to the office one day and got a call from a little old lady insured of mine. She just could not believe that her trusted insurance agent went over the speed limit! Walked outside to my car, ripped them off and threw them away. Wrong type of attention for me!

I agree - door magnets get attention.

I had door magnets on my car and use to live 60 miles from my office, majority of them freeway miles. 75 speed limit to me = 84. Get to the office one day and got a call from a little old lady insured of mine. She just could not believe that her trusted insurance agent went over the speed limit! Walked outside to my car, ripped them off and threw them away. Wrong type of attention for me!

I helped build a State Farm office a while back. We got a voicemail one time from an angry woman who we apparently had cut off.

Opening up my own captive agency soon. I know you have to spend money to make money, but I also know there are many very effective low or no cost options to market yourself and generate leads. So far I have cold calling, knocking door to door, networking with mortgage brokers, networking with real estate professionals, social media posts, volunteering, joining local organizations, friends and family, and referrals. Are there any good ones I’m missing?

I got leads from my feather flag outside the road. I got at least 2-3 per month of walk in cause of flags. Craiglist, 5miles, umm other small cheap stuff. You need to do a lot of cold calls.

Something that people on here rarely mention, but has a high roi, is car door magnets. You won't get very many calls from them, but for a relatively small investment, you'll get a respectively large return.

Quick question. If you have a car magnet, don't you need commercial auto? Or that depends on the insurance company.

Quick question. If you have a car magnet, don't you need commercial auto? Or that depends on the insurance company.
If the car is owned by a business and used by a business, then yes it needs Commercial Auto. The type of insurance needed for a vehicle isn't based on its appearance.

For the sake of argument, you could put a magnet on your spouse's car or your neighbor's car. Doesn't make it a commercial auto.

X-Date
Not just P&C.
Life as well. Term and child riders are great conversation starters. While you are X-Dating the P&C you are collecting data. DoB, address, kids, occ, toys. That paints a pretty good picture of the future prospects.

Have a neighborhood Facebook page.

Back