MA HMO or PPO??

Let’s talk about service work. I like to think I’m 50/50 med Supp/MAPD. I work only t65’s and my 12 sales this month were 50/50 (I’m no DonP). My med Supp clients are definitely more service and their part D plans are just not as good as their MAPD counterpart. That said, I see the benefit of med Supp, I just can’t say it’s right for more than 50% of my clients.

Talking about commissions . I don’t see any of the med sup agents here pushing Plan N . Reason why tough to make a living selling it .

Um.. not true at all. UHC pays a flat rate for apps, regardless of Plan. The carriers I use pay a HIGHER comm rate for Plan N which evens out with Comm.

The reason I don't push it is because claims are a hassle for the client. See PT, OT where it's usually miscoded. All for saving around 15 dollars a month.

Tell me you don't understand Plan N without telling me you don't understand Plan N.

Let’s talk about service work. I like to think I’m 50/50 med Supp/MAPD. I work only t65’s and my 12 sales this month were 50/50 (I’m no DonP). My med Supp clients are definitely more service and their part D plans are just not as good as their MAPD counterpart. That said, I see the benefit of med Supp, I just can’t say it’s right for more than 50% of my clients.

I don't have that issue, but that's me. Part D is better with MAPD, but also.. you're in FL. That place is an island for MAPD.

Most people I deal with want less hassle and more options. Medigap gives that to them. If they want to pay less and don't care about the hoops, MAPD is still a fine Plan (and better than what they get with U65)

Anyone can be demanding. At least the folks with money aren't constantly shopping for a better deal.

Personally, I would rather deal with folks who are middle to upper class than the low end of the income ladder. Did that in a prior life. What a zoo.

Agreed. Upper middle class want less hassle usually. Makes stickier business. I had a lady that screwed up her enrollment into Medicare and they put her on the July enrollment, even after appeal. She did HDG and I kept telling her we should postpone the start date so she didn't have to pay for it.

She kept swatting it down and saying, "it's just a few months."

Okie dokie.

I'm just low to no class.

You guys crack me up.

1. IRMAA is SUCH a bitch. We don't like her, at all.
2. Stacking is crap. By the time you spend all that money on HIP, Cancer and whatever else, you might as well have Plan N. Stacking is why insurance agents are known as scam artists
3. I don't sell G/N or MAPD on the initial call. Its Medicare 101 and I work super hard to present it without bias
4. If and when drug costs are sideways Part D vs MAPD, there may be some movement, but I doubt it. And this is all going to be a crapshoot in 2025, assuming we have a Part D OOP.
5. What plan you choose is not about what you need at age 65 and healthy. Its about what you plan you want when you are sick.
6. People above Medicaid level, but still broke, IMO, should NEVER have an MAPD. They clearly can't save money (or they wouldn't be broke in retirement to begin with) but they can probably budget the $100-ish a month for Plan N and Part D. This is a major sticking point with me. If they don't have $1500 in the bank to pay 5 days of the MAPD hospital copay to get their hip replaced, they should be on Plan N. EVERY DAMN TIME. And paying $50 for HIP is just stupid. Spend the extra $50, so after the Part B deductible, you have $20 copays
7. Chaz is right on service for MAPD vs Med Supp/Part D. I chase down my MAPD every year. My Med Supp people are scheduling their appt immediately after receiving the emails. Part of that is because MAPD people probably aren't on any drugs worth reviewing, since the docs are prescribing from the approved list, anyway.

Back