MA HMO or PPO??

What's the issue with cross selling/stacking?
He's cross selling HIP to fill in the gaps of an inferior (in most parts of the country) product. Problem is, even after "filling in the gaps" you've still got a network, pre-authorizations and copays. By the time you pay the premium to fill in most of the gaps, you could about pay for a Plan N Med Supp.

Last edited:
He's cross selling HIP to fill in the gaps of an inferior (in most parts of the country) product. Problem is, even after "filling in the gaps" you've still got a network, pre-authorizations and copays. By the time you pay the premium to fill in most of the gaps, you could about pay for a Plan N Med Supp.

Talking about commissions . I don’t see any of the med sup agents here pushing Plan N . Reason why tough to make a living selling it .

Talking about commissions . I don’t see any of the med sup agents here pushing Plan N . Reason why tough to make a living selling it .
Because it's not enough of a savings over Plan G.

It's not about the commissions because Plan N pays a higher commission %, so it pays about the same as Plan G.

Last edited:
You mention mapd ? You don’t sell mapd so you only mention it to discredit it . If they want it you won’t sell it as your not certified. When I say “ stack “ I’m talking full coverage . $3 k moop . I’m putting $200 a day hospital rider on it with , $5 k cancer Rider and $250 ambulance rider . Costs around $48 a month . He’s $0/$0 at the dr . With the bigger mapd coverages most every dr is in network now .He’s got much better and cheaper part d coverage also . Last aep I moved about 15 people from sup to mapd(They called me ). I’ve not gotten 1 call complaining about their coverage . Yagent isn’t most of your business off aca clients turning 65 ? I’m assuming a great many of these had big subsidy’s ? I’m now 21 months into selling Medicare were I’m getting 5-7 referral sales a month . Mostly T-65 . I don’t chase any sale now . Even the dm o work . I show them a potential better product and why . If they want it fine and if not I walk . I will say with mapd you’ll get 5 times the calls of med sups . You’ll get a lot of calls about dental , part d drugs and dental . Dental is the most .

I mention mapd to let them know upfront that I am biased towards OM in full disclosure, and also to get ahead of those damn free commercials and Bocci court friends who have agents like you to distract them with a free gold tooth.

Actually, 80% of my clients save money when they go from ACA to OM with med supp. T65 is like Xmas to them, going from $600/mo HMO with 7k deductible, to any dr with $233 ded for $320 mo. Its my favorite transaction.

The other 20% are low income or very rich manipulating income until age 65 to take advantage of ACA tax credits. IRMAA calls are my biggest volume of calls after the sale.

5x the number of calls for mapd clients? No thanks. And thanks for reaffirming why I dont sell dental or mapd.

What are the coverage issues with an MAPD that cause the consumer to need an HIP plan to go with it?

Back