MA Plan w/Wild benefits in Georgia Part 2

I hate when I get marketing offers AFTER oct 1st

Why do people think this is the time to make offers

I get emails starting Oct like crazy

Why do marketers not know there is no more time for contracting and certifications

I dont even have time to run a PDP only as a favor for a friend

I hate when I get marketing offers AFTER oct 1st

Why do people think this is the time to make offers

I get emails starting Oct like crazy

Why do marketers not know there is no more time for contracting and certifications

I dont even have time to run a PDP only as a favor for a friend
I suspect you get those because there are new agents or struggling agents who FMOs hope to capture. And you're part of the blast.

Just a guess.

And...we're both posting on a message board on Friday morning in October...so 🤣 🤣 🤣

Be extra careful. They are buying business and it’s almost certainly not sustainable. Will those benefits bust in 2026 or in 2027? Who knows. But they’ll bust. This is always the case. If you’ve been in this business 20 years you’ve seen this happen dozens of times.

If you sell them just set the right expectations about sustainability. Same thing smart agents did in 2024 with Aetna. Get it while you can but know it will not last.

Be extra careful. They are buying business and it’s almost certainly not sustainable. Will those benefits bust in 2026 or in 2027? Who knows. But they’ll bust. This is always the case. If you’ve been in this business 20 years you’ve seen this happen dozens of times.

If you sell them just set the right expectations about sustainability. Same thing smart agents did in 2024 with Aetna. Get it while you can but know it will not last.

Aetna didn’t go under, they just canceled most of their plans and brought out new plans with the same name (and slightly less benefits). Humana did it to some extent too.

So what’s the difference in having to rewrite a bunch of Aetna and Humana plans vs Sonder plans if they go bust? Sticking with the big companies doesn’t necessarily mean less work during AEP.

Someone mentioned the Piedmont Wellstar plan. I wrote a good bit of that. My county and the next county over both have Piedmont hospitals. It was a popular plan. I heard they lost $12 million on it. You have to also consider these were hospital administrators trying to get in the insurance business. Maybe leave that to people who know what they’re doing.

Who knows if Sonder will make it. I will be considering their plan for clients if doctors are in network and medications are covered. So far their doctor network seems to be pretty good. And as far as those gas cards and such, for the non CSNP plans that I e looked at this far, those are supplemental benefits for people who have a qualifying condition. Just like what Aetna does on their non CSNP plans.

So what’s the difference in having to rewrite a bunch of Aetna and Humana plans vs Sonder plans if they go bust? Sticking with the big companies doesn’t necessarily mean less work during AEP.
My point is that if you sell a lot of Sonder, you’re making a lot of work for yourself next year.

Back