Mac Computer

Since a lot of carriers have web-based quoting systems, it does not make as much difference which computer you have. But there is another issue. I use a PC because some carrier sites require the use of Internet Explorer and you can't run that on a Mac, to the best of my knowledge.

Even some carriers that require internet explorer do not fully support Internet Explorer. Transamerica supports up to IE9

One of the reasons I'm most excited to leave Farmers is that I'll finally have Mac (and Chromebook) compatibility.

It's all about finding the right programs.

It’s common for Mac software versions to also have lots of unnecessary features. This can mean you end up getting a bloated suite of complex and confusing tools instead of what your small business really needs.

Make it a priority to go with software that doesn’t tack on features for the sake of it, and gets the balance of simplicity and usability just right. You should have everything you want and need, and no more.

The post is from 2014 so I am sure he has found a solution by now. However you do bring up some good points for todays MAC versus PC discussion.

I have used MAC's since 2000, unfortunately back then a lot of carriers only supported the PC platform. Fast forward to today. More and more carriers are supporting MAC's and creating a dual platform (both PC and MAC). Just as important is the fact that a lot of carriers have web-based platforms so MAC/PC no difference.

Also, with todays MAC's you have the ability to download Windows onto your MAC. I went to the Microsoft store, bought it and they downloaded it onto my MAC for me. I have also downloaded office for MAC. I like Outlook better than Macmail and the office suite (word, excel, powerpoint) better than MAC's pages, numbers, keynote). So I have the best gif both worlds.

Back