Mail Order Pricing in Plan Finder-Humana Communication

Just received this in an e-mail from Humana. Don’t understand why it has taken this long for a major carrier to see this issue.

Attachments

• 0654DBC9-2FBD-4FFE-8123-C9DF9CB9341B.jpeg
    0654DBC9-2FBD-4FFE-8123-C9DF9CB9341B.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 20
They probably saw the issue before now, but were just waiting to see if CMS would fix it to their (humana's) Satisfaction prior to Oct 15.

I don't think their communication is entirely correct either.

when you select both, you do get a mail order result, it is just standard rather than preferred.

After the fix notice that was posted a few days back, the plan screens were modified to show four levels of standard and preferred costing, as they apply to the plan overall. I don't know if CMS considers that the complete fix for that issue, or if it is just the first step in a more complete correction. One of the four options is to see the plan's preferred mail order pricing structure.

I missed this till now especially since Med.gov mail order pricing is worthless

But the mail-order on Humana Walmart is no longer 2x copay but a full 3 months copay now

On Mcare.gov or on the Human site?

I Humana PDF SOB,

I don't even look at Med.gov mail order its completely useless, I have been telling people so far I cant quote mail order Sorry

Seriously don't have time to check every PDF, But one of my clients called the other day told me he was quoted $12 for 90 mail order, I told him they must be mistaken, But said let's check meds went WellCare plan instead because it was $0 copays anyway

However out of curiosity I ran my zip and pulled PDF just to check and it does show 90 days tier 2 at preferred mmail order $12 and tier 1 at $3

Humana Basic is only 10 cents more in my area than what Humana walmart was last year. Tier 1 & 2 still free mail order, but deductible applies to everything except that. A good bit of people I’m writing with generics are going here vs a WellCare placement.

Back