Make Money On Surety Bonds.

I ran in to a financial advisor last night that said he needs someone who can do Fidelity Bonds for his clients. I told him I would see what I can do. I am in Maryland. Does your company offer Fidelity Bonds? If so, can you help me get setup? Thanks.

What state are you licensed in? Knowing this can help me pinpoint the most commonly seen requirements in your state and help you with the basic knowledge of each.

I sent you a pm. I am already contracted with your company, and I would like to start marketing the surety bonds area a little harder. But I don't know where to begin.

I am in ny and looking to secure a performance bond for a contractor who will he working at a condominium. Total gross job cost is $2m. Can suretybonds.com help?

For any licensed contractor the I insure for GL, I get a signed AOR for their bond. Easy to be appointed with majority of bonding companies. I don't get paid until the bond renews and that is OK. When it renews, direct billed by bonding company, I get paid. Not much, but it all adds up. As long as they are licensed, they need to keep that bond; in good times the bond amount needs to be increased.

My point, don't leave money on the table! Bonds are one avenue to have, easy to place and many agents don't compete for.

Dave

The payout is pretty good on older contractors with bad credit. Selling surety bonds is like printing money, as my hiring recruiter said when he hired me.

I will give you a call on monday, I am interested in adding this to my agency in Mississippi. Can you do business there?

I ran in to a financial advisor last night that said he needs someone who can do Fidelity Bonds for his clients. I told him I would see what I can do. I am in Maryland. Does your company offer Fidelity Bonds? If so, can you help me get setup? Thanks.

Fidelity bonds can get a little tougher for financial advisors. Give us a call and ask for Rikki. She handles all of our agent requests. She can also be emailed at [email protected].

Looking forward to working with you!

Josh

----------

I am in ny and looking to secure a performance bond for a contractor who will he working at a condominium. Total gross job cost is $2m. Can suretybonds.com help?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Has an underwriter already looked at the request. $2M is a pretty large job for a contractor with no prior bond program. We'll have to see 3 years financials among some other stuff to see if he qualifies. Typical rule of thumb is that we want to see prior year revenue of 2x-3x the bond amount. That's not a cut and dry figure but it will help you weed out the contractors looking to jump into jobs that are probably just too big for them.

Hope this helps! If you'd like more email Rikki at [email protected] or give her a call at (800) 308-4358 ext. 236.

Josh

----------

I will give you a call on monday, I am interested in adding this to my agency in Mississippi. Can you do business there?

There's not a lot of license bonds in Mississippi as opposed to states like Georgia and Florida. The $25,000 designated agent bond required for auto dealers is your best money maker.

We do business in all states. Give us a call or peruse our website to get more information on all of the bond types in Mississippi.

Rikki handles all of our agent business. She can be reached at [email protected] or by phone at (800) 308-4358 ext. 236

Hope this helps!

Josh

----------

For any licensed contractor the I insure for GL, I get a signed AOR for their bond. Easy to be appointed with majority of bonding companies. I don't get paid until the bond renews and that is OK. When it renews, direct billed by bonding company, I get paid. Not much, but it all adds up. As long as they are licensed, they need to keep that bond; in good times the bond amount needs to be increased.

My point, don't leave money on the table! Bonds are one avenue to have, easy to place and many agents don't compete for.

Dave

Dave,

This is definitely true for a lot of your smaller local/county compliance bonds. Where it gets tricky is when they may need a larger program or don't have the financial or credit score to support the bond capacity they need. That's the case where you will find that a broker is far superior to going direct to the surety and allowing them to direct bill premiums.

Give us a shot on your next tough case. I think you'll find that we make it a lot easier than most other brokers out there.

Josh

Back