Making Farmers Work?!?!

R - U - N as fast as you can. Farmers use to be a great company, no more. No ethics, no pride, no common sense, lots of management level sucking off the premium, lots of subtle expectations unreasonable at best and a bunch of DM's that can't fart the word insurance. You have to be a D-Head to qualify for the job so ex-military love it, they think agents are their troops that they can order around. The company will lie, cheat, whatever it takes to fork you over. The longer you are there the harder it will be to break free, this comes from a 20 year veteran who's seen it go from a great company to a sham.

Can't agree with you more, left Farmers this past summer and it was the best decision I could make in my insurance career. I was the top producing agent in the district, got all the awards from topper, championship to trips. It is so true that the longer you stay the harder it was to leave. I knew my time with Farmers has to come to an end when I saw the state executive want to terminate contracts for 8 agents that is not meeting the new growth model. Keep in mind these agents are all in their mid 50s - 60s and they are all have profitable book. Seeing what is happening to them can very well easily happen to me. I am tired of seeing agents getting abused for not being able to sell over priced insurance. Luckily I was able to stop drinking the damn farmers koolaide since I was fortunate enough to get some direct appointments. Being an IA makes me so much happier knowing I am building something that is truly mine and no one can take it away.

Latest posts

Back