Mandated ACA Commissions for 2017 ?

I read somewhere that if the few carriers going on-exchange for 2017, factor agent commissions into the rates, then they must pay agent commissions for 2017.

Of course, they filed 2016 rates with agent commissions factored in, but we know how that turned out.

From a practical and logical standpoint, I don't know why any company would pay agents to bring them business that they don't want.. 2016..2017, or whenever. In that vein, I don't think companies who are losing money on Obamacare IFP business, will be paying 2017 commissions at all.. Assuming they're fool enough to participate in the Exchange(s).

When the 2016 plans "renew" for 2017, they will be sans commissions, IMO.

Wahooooooo....................18 month Vacation..........:D

Aetna/Coventry is paying full renewals on SEP business sold in 2016, that remains in force. Renewals are the same as first year commissions....so there's that. Not that I expect anyone to sell something and not get paid on it for a year, but I guess that's better than what most of the other carriers are doing.

Oh goodie. Just got and Aetna email that said I will finally get paid for January business, in early March, for biz I wrote in early November.

Not many businesses out there can survive a 4 month gap in getting paid. Especially newbies.

Oh goodie. Just got and Aetna email that said I will finally get paid for January business, in early March, for biz I wrote in early November.

Not many businesses out there can survive a 4 month gap in getting paid. Especially newbies.

I was just paid on Aetna, but haven't seen anything from Coventry yet. To be quite honest, their commissions suck. I'm at the chairman level and they pay the following here in Georgia:

Single - $14
Couple - $27
Family - $34
Adult & child - $20

They pay more in other states and I'm sure less in others.

But we are CHAIRMEN! CHAIRMEN!

Of course we can wait, we are lucky the get the $18 PMPM for how little work we have to do, even if it was 8 months later, right? :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::swoon:

But we are CHAIRMEN! CHAIRMEN!

Of course we can wait, we are lucky the get the $18 PMPM for how little work we have to do, even if it was 8 months later, right? :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::swoon:

I'm jealous. Wish we got paid that much in Georgia.

https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources...oads/Final-2017-Letter-to-Issuers-2-29-16.pdf

party starts on page 67. nobody has our backs. Carriers pay us whenever they want and whatever they want. Funny because the Govt wants robust Obamacare enrollment but without proper agent compensation nobody will be there to help. Carriers are making it extremely difficult to enroll direct (paper apps must be mailed in,put consumers on hold for hours etc) . Where it goes from here nobody knows. NAHU has done absolutely nothing to help us and any agent that supports them is a moron.

Hello Medicare!

Back