Mandated ACA Commissions for 2017 ?

If I were a liberal, I'd have to say that is one of the most racist things I've ever seen posted on this site. All the SEP's are con artist consumers, committing fraud to get health coverage. I've never seen any Native Americans try to get SEP coverage.

Come on! Haven't you enrolled any legitimate SEP clients, YouGotMyMoney? I'm sure you have..

BTW..Native Americans and Alaskan Natives can get a SEP at any time, but in real-world terms, they simply have Open Enrollment 365 days a year. My hope and prediction is that before 2018, we'll have Open Enrollment available to every American who's willing to go through underwriting.

Come on! Haven't you enrolled any legitimate SEP clients, YouGotMyMoney? I'm sure you have..

BTW..Native Americans and Alaskan Natives can get a SEP at any time, but in real-world terms, they simply have Open Enrollment 365 days a year. My hope and prediction is that before 2018, we'll have Open Enrollment available to every American who's willing to go through underwriting.

NAs and Alaska Natives almost always have free health care anyway...on the Reservations. Which makes absolutey no sense if you are familiar with the issues on the Reservations, but Obama didn't ask my opinion....

NAs and Alaska Natives almost always have free health care anyway...on the Reservations. Which makes absolutey no sense if you are familiar with the issues on the Reservations, but Obama didn't ask my opinion....

Are on-reservation medical centers on a par with off-reservation medical centers?

Are on-reservation medical centers on a par with off-reservation medical centers?

This is where the whole thing is screwed up.

Native Americans can have absolutely free health, dental and vision ON the reservation. So if you are NA and live in Dallas and want your free healthcare, you have to travel 2 hours to get it.
Or stay on the reservation with the incredibly high rates of domestic abuse, alcoholism, etc and get the benefits.

Or get Obamacare. Whenever you want. Technically, NAs have always had prior creditable coverage. And personally, I'd like to see more NAs leave the horror of the reservations and become productive members of society. If that means they get an SEP whenever they want it, I'm fine with it.

Flip side to IHS (Indian Health Service). White folks aren't allowed unless life or death emergency.

I am still selling SEP plans for 0% commission out of OEP. Why? Because anytime that I talk to someone, when I go through the plan benefits, I get to the no dental and no vision and already have some take-aways for them to think about after they leave. Then I call and follow-up within 1-2 weeks, with a decent amount of success.

I also let them know that the agency sells Life products, and with current customers under the agency's personal lines, have had term quote comparisions ready as well. Sold some Life that way too.

I agree that many consumers are strapped even if they are heavily subsidized, but they like the service and are coming back when they turn 65. The area that I live/work in has a large older and low-income population as the jobs that they used to have are going or have gone away. So an hour appointment for an additional 15 min to 1/2 hour to sell additional types of insurance? I'm ok with that.

Years ago we were in Cherokee for a mini vacation. Our son was maybe 7 or 8 at the time and developed a severe earache. We took him to the clinic and were told they were not allowed to treat him. Had to drive 2 hours to someplace in NC that had a real hospital ER.

The Indian clinic would not even take cash.

Latest posts

Back