MAPD Vs. MED SUPP-MAJOR CARRIER PUSHING!

Apparently you have not received enough "intelligence" to tell us what the hell your talking about lol.

I have received intelligence from certain entities of product pushing with some of the big boys in said title of this thread. I'm wondering if you're hearing the same?

Dual and non Dual MAPD, btw.

Thanks.

I like the last line. "Dual and non Dual MAPD, btw."

Must have thought, "That first paragraph could be a little unclear for a few people. Let's add one little line to make sure there can be no misunderstanding. There. Perfect."

"I have received intelligence from certain entities of product pushing with some of the big boys in said title of this thread. I'm wondering if you're hearing the same?

Dual and non Dual MAPD, btw.

Thanks."

Since I initiated this thread, I'll humor your smart a$$ responses because some of you have been kind enough to help me out in the past.
First and foremost: You don't understand? !! ???
Are some of you so scripted in yours sales techniques you can't comprehend basic English or forgot?

1. Pushing: advocating - promoting - marketing.
2. intelligence: credible information from established people in our industry.
3. entities: FMOs, NMOs, Agents, Captives, in bound marketing reps at insurance carriers, directors of both carriers and broker distribution channels, and more people higher on the commander in chief chain..etc. etc.
4. Big boys: if you have to ask who then you should NOT be selling insurance.
5. Dual and Non Dual: you better know this one. And yes, there's a fragment here. I should not have posted this as I would a text. So, for that I apologize.

The bottom line: as an indy and for branding cost purposes, I find it very interesting how some carriers are pushing MA vs. Med Supp in certain regions while others are doing the opposite; or vice versa meaning some are pushing the supps in certain regions and not the MAs. And no I am not speaking in terms of: urban versus rural areas. I posted this to verify if any of you are hearing the same?

Moreover, I was trying to ascertain if any of you are seeing patterns within the regions and where it makes sense for us agents to spend the $$$ to glean the bz. Capiche? :cool:

Last edited:
Carriers / FMO's are going to push whatever product generates the most profit in that geographical location.

That I know. The pattern that's blurred for me, however, is the inconsistent data I'm getting from various marketing reps (both distribution and captive) who either: 1. do not know? or 2. do not know? Be it lack of knowledge, laziness, incompetence, etc. etc.

I'm trying to verify here if anyone is running into this as well or hearing and seeing something different?

That I know. The pattern that's blurred for me, however, is the inconsistent data I'm getting from various marketing reps (both distribution and captive) who either: 1. do not know? or 2. do not know? Be it lack of knowledge, laziness, incompetence, etc. etc.

I'm trying to verify here if anyone is running into this as well or hearing and seeing something different?

The only blurred pattern I see is the pattern of communicating incoherently followed by blaming those who either 1. do not know? or 2. do not know? what you're trying to say as being the problem.

If every response to an OP is some variation of "huh?" the problem is in the first post, not the responses to it.

I'm still having trouble understanding.

Are you saying you just figured out that Humana sells a poopload of MAPD and hardly any Med Sups?

If this is your point...this stuff is very common knowledge.

If it's not your point...I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Back