MAPD Vs. MED SUPP-MAJOR CARRIER PUSHING!

Just to clarify and eliminate some confusion this thread has caused; the word "Azars" is a code word for "Rick". According to SIA he knows something about Rick's Big Boy! :swoon:

I'm still confused. This thread caused me to drink lastnight and the follow up post made it worse...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I have received intelligence from certain entities of product pushing with some of the big boys in said title of this thread. I'm wondering if you're hearing the same?

Dual and non Dual MAPD, btw.

Thanks."

Since I initiated this thread, I'll humor your smart a$$ responses because some of you have been kind enough to help me out in the past.
First and foremost: You don't understand? !! ???
Are some of you so scripted in yours sales techniques you can't comprehend basic English or forgot?

1. Pushing: advocating - promoting - marketing.
2. intelligence: credible information from established people in our industry.
3. entities: FMOs, NMOs, Agents, Captives, in bound marketing reps at insurance carriers, directors of both carriers and broker distribution channels, and more people higher on the commander in chief chain..etc. etc.
4. Big boys: if you have to ask who then you should NOT be selling insurance.
5. Dual and Non Dual: you better know this one. And yes, there's a fragment here. I should not have posted this as I would a text. So, for that I apologize.

The bottom line: as an indy and for branding cost purposes, I find it very interesting how some carriers are pushing MA vs. Med Supp in certain regions while others are doing the opposite; or vice versa meaning some are pushing the supps in certain regions and not the MAs. And no I am not speaking in terms of: urban versus rural areas. I posted this to verify if any of you are hearing the same?

Moreover, I was trying to ascertain if any of you are seeing patterns within the regions and where it makes sense for us agents to spend the $$$ to glean the bz. Capiche? :cool:

So let me take a shot at cracking this code. Are you saying that companies only want MAPD business in certain regions of the country and med Supp business in other regions? Yes?

Last edited:
Which got worse? The drinking or the confusion? :1laugh:
So let me take a shot at cracking this code. Are you saying that companies only want MAPD business in certain regions of the country and med Supp business in other regions? Yes?

The carrier has got to be Humana. :GEEK:
I could see Humana managers with suck MA plans in certain "counties" (code word for "regions") pushing their crappy MedSupp.

It's amazing how much valuable information I get from this forum!

Last edited:
Which got worse? The drinking or the confusion? :1laugh:

The carrier has got to be Humana. :GEEK:
I could see Humana managers with suck MA plans in certain "counties" (code word for "regions") pushing their crappy MedSupp.

It's amazing how much valuable information I get from this forum!

Humana doesn't have a dual plan do they? I have used my decoder ring and came up with United Healthcare. I got the ring from the dollar store so I'm not sure how accurate it is...

Because and only because some of you are so rude, and have unsubstantiated and unwarranted arrogance based on your sole ignorance, I am not further explicating on this topic.

I am not here to educate.

Since you're all so smart, do your own homework.

Good Luck - You're definitely going to need it!

Because and only because some of you are so rude, and have unsubstantiated and unwarranted arrogance based on your sole ignorance, I am not further explicating on this topic.

I am not here to educate.

Since you're all so smart, do your own homework.

Good Luck - You're definitely going to need it!

I don't think anyone is trying to be rude we just don't understand what you are talking about. You need to be more clear and less secretive with what you are talking about.

can we delete this post so people do not waste time trying to figure out that they just lost valuable time reading this.... just saying... and my guess is UHC... they have all catagories of mapd's and have two different med supps AARP branded and UHC med supp but what was the purpose of being so vague in the start...oh well

No don't delete it. It's too entertaining. I used to work at a Bob's Big Boy back in the mid 70's in southern California, was an interesting period of my life.

Back