Marketing: Cold Calling Question

I have yet to get any good closing rates on internet leads.

My telemarketer makes calls all hours of the day and early evening. Script that is most effective has been " Are you familiar with "XYZ Insurance agency out on ***main st ? Well, they've asked me to call and offer a few folks in the area free auto insurance quotes, shall I have them put one in the mail for you ? then she gathers some trivial info. just enough for us to prepare a baseline quote and get it out in our quote package. We also include agency brochure, money back guarantee, testimonial booklet, free gift, etc in the mailing. We follow up with 7 day and 21 day letters, she then calls them back in 30 days to see that they got everything and to thank them again for accepting. We are actually up to a 21% close rate on these cold leads versus a 58% close rate on "call in" clients. I am thrilled about that type of success. Oh yeah, we quoted 320 autos from her in the past 45 days. My CSR's are getting tired!!

She chose to be paid per lead rather than hourly and has yet to earn under $450/week and has yet to work over 20 hours in one week. Worth every penny.
I am a new agent and am interested in finding out more about your cold calling technique.I was just curious to find out if you could send me a copy of the brochure or maybe we can schedule some time to talk.Thanks!

Back