Mass disappointment with 3.7% rate increase . Humana and United stks down 5% plus after hrs

I must be a magnet for prospects calling me on mapd begging to go on a OM supp. Tired of cleaning up messes or delivering the bad news
Funny how those people only call real insurance agents.

Maybe if you gave out free unicorns ...

Let’s be Honest . All Medicare products will be under pressure in 2025 . Everyone’s going to feel the heat . But in the end every senior has to have . Nothing will change there . But what will change 2025 guarantees to have the most movement in plans ever . I think for agents 2025 Aep is going to be about dealing with your clients over growing your book .

I must be a magnet for prospects calling me on mapd begging to go on a OM supp. Tired of cleaning up messes or delivering the bad news
That's amazing...I seem to be a magnet also when people call me out of the blue with an issue concerning $ 350mo. MedSupp premium and a part d plan that is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. But one thing is for sure...I enjoy cleaning up on aisle 3.

That's amazing...I seem to be a magnet also when people call me out of the blue with an issue concerning $ 350mo. MedSupp premium and a part d plan that is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. But one thing is for sure...I enjoy cleaning up on aisle 3.

Must be. I've got over 500 on MAPD and it's only happened a handful of times in the many years I've been doing this. In fact, the vast majority of calls I get are people wanting to switch TO Medicare Advantage from a Medigap plan. I have no dog in this fight. New business is new business. It's all great for me. I offer both Medigap and Medicare Advantage and genuinely couldn't care less which one the person chooses, but the MAPD bashing is sincerely hilarious. They poll unbelievably high for a reason...because people love them.

Must be. I've got over 500 on MAPD and it's only happened a handful of times in the many years I've been doing this. In fact, the vast majority of calls I get are people wanting to switch TO Medicare Advantage from a Medigap plan. I have no dog in this fight. New business is new business. It's all great for me. I offer both Medigap and Medicare Advantage and genuinely couldn't care less which one the person chooses, but the MAPD bashing is sincerely hilarious. They poll unbelievably high for a reason...because people love them.
It's funny, most of the bashing comes from the agents on here that are one-trick-ponies.

They are afraid that their business model will go obsolete.

Truth is, there will be movement in the coming years. A lot of it.
Wouldn't even be surprised if new kinds of products come out.
The cuts to Medicare are only beginning. Things have to change.

True brokers that are willing to adapt to the changing environment will have customers flock to them, as the customers are going to be frustrated, scared, confused, and in need to answers.

But one-trick-ponies that are digging their heels because "this product is best always" will find themselves in the same position as their customers.

Cute. I'm tired of my income going up 20 yrs in a row. I'm more concerned about having too big of a book. Trimming some of the fat would be nice. Especially those supps past the 7 yr mark. I Need to start planning on how to avoid irmaa. Those are my concerns, not fearful of the mapd "wave".

I would be more fearful of the constant mapd changes each and every year. I know what my clients health plan will be each year......you don't. I choose consistency.

Sleep well..... hopefully these health stocks don't keep tumbling. Otherwise, big cuts are coming to mapd to appease shareholders

Humana hitched it's wagon to Medicare a few years ago when they exited the individual and group health markets. They will be hit hardest by this and likely have the biggest changes to their MAPD portfolio.

The Part D changes will also have a big impact on 65+ still on their group plan. Their drug coverage will likely not meet standards and they are going to be very surprised when they see that penalty at retirement

Back