Mass Mailing with Gmail

Whatever happened to me, a bunch started coming back an undeliverable with the reason being that I was blocked.

More odd, I wasn't even remotely sending spam. I was sending messages to IHIAA members and when Yahoo, Comcast, Verizon, etc...all blocked me I was stunned.

It actually wasn't that hard to get unblocked, just a pain in the butt. I didn't know at the time that basically, I can't send the same message to hundreds of people from my account. A theory is that the word "insurance" triggered their spam filters.

Yeah its not hard to get off blacklist, usually its just filling out a form.

1 guy clicking spam out of 1000 could cause it. It's usually a good idea to put opt out at the top and bottom of the email for that reason.

Good way to trip every spam filter in the world is use the word free, quote, insurance, etc.

Gotta be really careful with words unless you're using a whitelisted email server.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For the price of mailchimp, it seems silly to try anything else.

Mailchimp is good, I like aweber a bit better because their interface is easier to use if you're posting into it, and it doesn't require a double optin, so if you're being careful about what you do in the first place it will end up getting more people on the list faster.

Last edited:
and then you could use skype as an auto dialer! :twitchy:

Just pay the TINY cost to have a company do it or learn how to make you own server (option 2 is way cheaper)

Back