MassMutual Illustration Software

danb390

I'm about to making a move to go to NYL or MassMutual and curious if anyone has any intel on MassMutual's technology. Was really impressed with NYL's, but didn't get to see MassMutuals.

-Is it easy to use?
-Does it print nice materials?
-Can I use it on my phone or tablet?

Yes, I know there's a lot more than just pretty software, but this is the last area I need to know about before considering everything.

Thanks!

It's been a few years since I was with MassMutual, but the MassMutual illustration system is based on WinFlex. It's only online now via their agent portal - saves on processor usage from the old desktop version. But it also means that to create a quote, you'll have to have internet access.

One feature I liked was that you could show various MassMutual policies side-by-side in a supplemental report.

I wish I could give you something more 'current', but it's been at least 5 years since I was with them.

I wouldn't choose based on software. Look at products, support, training, commissions, do you like the local office, etc. If the product is good you'll sell it regardless of the software you use to prepare/present it (at least to a reasonable degree).

I looked at both of those firms and very nearly went with MassMutual but chose MOO instead largely because of more autonomy and the overall feel I got from the people at my local offices. If I were choosing between JUST NYL and Mass I'd choose Mass.

I like MMs illustration software. I havent seen NYLs in over 7 years so I dont know how they compare as of today.

I like Mass's products better than NYL.

I'm about to making a move to go to NYL or MassMutual and curious if anyone has any intel on MassMutual's technology. Was really impressed with NYL's, but didn't get to see MassMutuals.

-Is it easy to use?
-Does it print nice materials?
-Can I use it on my phone or tablet?

Yes, I know there's a lot more than just pretty software, but this is the last area I need to know about before considering everything.

Thanks!

I think you received the answers to the specific questions you were asking. That said, I'll speak to the overall theme. First, if you are considering Mass Mutual, whatever agency you are going to work with, they should be more than willing to show you their technology offerings, capabilities, resources, etc. -- especially their illustration system and output (illustrations). Second, I currently work with Mass Mutual, as a "broker" and I get tremendous support from the brokerage department of the agency I work with.

I am also currently "appointed" with NY Life and am grandfathered as they no longer do brokerage business. I have been appointed with them, again, as a broker, for over twenty years. I have the same situation with the agency I work with -- they provide me with tremendous support. However, being that you've already seen NY Life and what they have to offer, that's not really relevant to you.

Be that as it may, while you said you realize there's a lot more than just pretty software -- in reality, this should be your last and of little concern. Both companies are top notch and two of the premier companies in the marketplace -- both having top ratings, being mutual companies, and offering strong products, especially in the whole life marketplace. Between the two of them, Guardian and Northwestern, you will not find better products. The software and deliverable of one over the other should not comple into play and be a factor in your decision. It's not a major weight or determining factor as it's not directly tied to your work or your level of success. However, if you feel it is, that's fine -- and again, both should be more than willing to share everything with you. If the Mass Mutual agency you are working with is not willing -- ask them very pointedly. If they still aren't, consider finding another agency to work with.

Good luck.

Back