May I Bare My Soul to You?

The pork was in the NASCAR, dairy and rum business.

And lots more... 150 mil for Alsaskan fisheries, ??? repairing the Smithsonian, a new car for another Wash bureaucrat, etc. Many, many tax credits for corp friends of the current regime. Most of the proposed monies wouldn't be spent for years. The bottom line here was the Senate loaded up the bill with BS and more or less dared the House not to vote on it, knowing that it would make them look bad if they didn't. Christie took the bait... and over-reacted like a grade school child throwing a tantrum. Just two days later a 9.7 bil bill was passed which provides them what they need now. In fact more than they need since folks homes will be rebuilt that weren't insured for such an event... so again, we are rewarding folks for poor planning here. It has become a way of doing business and there appears to be no turning back. :nah:

Activity for activity sake is what gets a lot of agents in trouble. Your activity must produce results. Doing a lot of something that doesn't work won't make you money. So you need to be sure what you are doing produces measurable results.

The first thing I would have you look at is your "target market" (these are your ideal clients). Do you know who they are? What problem they have, and how your products/services solves that problem? Your marketing must be focused on them and the solution. No one cares about us or our companies. Often times we focus on how great we are and forget about the "pain/problem" our clients are trying to solve.

The points.....
1. Measure your activity for results
2. Make sure you are marketing to your target market
3. Be sure you clearly understand their problem
4. Ensure your marketing message(s) are focused on solving that problem

Basic perhaps, but these are the fundamentals that allows us to sell consistently.

Hope that helps,
Justin

Back