Med America Vs Genworth

I had a 90 elimination period. Here's the apples to apples comparison.

4 year, $200/day, 90 Elimantion Period, High Residential limit rider (Genworth), survivorship riders and 5% compound interest.

Genworth annual bought at 51 and wife 37- $1868 and $1501.

MedAmerica $3062 and $2010.

Thoughts? Do you think it's worth the extra cash? If I really end up needing it, I think the MedAmerica policy would be so much more flexible but at such a cost. I will try to see how often they have raised rates here in CA.

in CA the Genworth policy automatically comes with zero day ep for hhc. you have to reject zero-day hhc ep on the app in order for it to not be included.

Do you really want a relative to take care of you if you need care?

in CA the Genworth policy automatically comes with zero day ep for hhc. you have to reject zero-day hhc ep on the app in order for it to not be included.

Do you really want a relative to take care of you if you need care?

I am not saying that I want to necessarily have a family member care for me, but a lot would depend on the situation. For example, my niece pretty much ook care of my dad for two years. She is a stay at home wife, but she had kids. As she helped care for my dad, it would have been great to have compensated her in some way since she has a family.

I am not saying that I want to necessarily have a family member care for me, but a lot would depend on the situation. For example, my niece pretty much ook care of my dad for two years. She is a stay at home wife, but she had kids. As she helped care for my dad, it would have been great to have compensated her in some way since she has a family.

I suspect that a family member cared for your dad because your dad did not have long-term care insurance and couldn't afford to pay outside help.

right?

Do you have a family member in mind right now, that would be available, say 20 to 30 years from now to care for you?

Do you have a family member in mind right now, that would be available, say 20 to 30 years from now to care for you?

No, but I might be able to in 20 or 30 years. I am not sure of the point. The fact is that I would have the flexibility to get the care needed as necessary.

No, but I might be able to in 20 or 30 years. I am not sure of the point. The fact is that I would have the flexibility to get the care needed as necessary.

With reimbursement plans you can also get care needed as necessary.

If you want a family member to care for you and don't have one, the flexibilty wasn't that useful.

With reimbursement plans you can also get care needed as necessary.

If you want a family member to care for you and don't have one, the flexibilty wasn't that useful.

So I guess in your opinion, it would not be worth the change?

So I guess in your opinion, it would not be worth the change?

Someone in front of their quote app may be able to answer this more definitively but have you looked at TransAmerica? They may offer the best of both worlds....10 times daily as a monthly cash benefit plus traditional coverage. Can be close to GW on price depending on riders though I haven't looked re: this case's specifics....that would require me moving.;)

Someone in front of their quote app may be able to answer this more definitively but have you looked at TransAmerica? They may offer the best of both worlds....10 times daily as a monthly cash benefit plus traditional coverage. Can be close to GW on price depending on riders though I haven't looked re: this case's specifics....that would require me moving.;)

When we did the apples to apples, TransAmerica was more expensive than MedAmerica so the agent and I took them off the list as possibllities. MedAmerica was the most competitive to Genworth.

Back