Med Sup Carrier Prices

I've got a few ACA contracts with them and have had no trouble with them. But that's because I never call or email them.

As far as ACA, I'm currently moving all of mine over to @Jim Wright. He's the ACA guy with the Cason Group.

When Jimbo first came on here, he told me that he used to sing opera. Once sang butt naked on stage. (That's my version of the story. His is a lot different) But hell, anybody that can sing opera gets my vote. It does help that he know's his stuff.

I never had any problem until I asked to move my contract. It was crickets all around.

To Somarco:
Like life insurance, once it's sold the chances of getting replaced are small. Most people hate the process and won't shop it ever again.
I wouldn't worry about selling on price. It shows the customer you have their interest at heart. You can also disclose that, in most cases, lower premiums mean lower commission for the Agent, so you're working for them.
It's more important to get the sale than worry about replacement.
You can also offer a more well known name if they've never heard of the lower priced company.
Whatever makes them comfortable.
Many people take AARP even though it's more expensive because it's more well known.

@Bob G I have clients, not policyholders. And they stick until they die. My retention rate (except for death) is above 95%.

I don't worry about replacements. I make it quite clear, once they leave they are not coming back. I have never rewritten and old client who left and wanted to come back.

Never . . .

I make it quite clear, once they leave they are not coming back
Exactly how do you phrase this to them? I’ve never found a good way.

I’ve also struggled with how to tell someone that if they don’t finish their enrollment with me, you basically took food out of my kids’ mouths. The context being someone who I met and assisted and I’m worried they’ll do the actual enrollment with another agent or the carrier directly.

For an existing client, the best I have is saying that if you use someone other than me, I’m unable to keep helping you. You’ll have to do everything with a new person.

Walter

@MedicareWAA I don't beat around the bush and have no problem using the takeaway.

A referral I worked with for over a month finally revealed their real motive. Does this plan cover a gym membership at Lifetime?

I have no idea . . . why don't you call them and ask? My understanding is SOME of those gyms participate in SilverSneakers, some do not.

If a gym membership is more important than having me a your agent then you might need to go direct to that other carrier and be a house account. Time for you to choose, me, or a gym membership.

A few days later I had not heard back so I sent an email letting her know I was closing her file and wished her good luck.

I moved on. Blocked her phone and email. Even if she changes her mind it is too late.

I tell everyone up front, my product is exactly the same as what you can get from any other agent or direct from the carrier.

Same product, same price. The difference is you don't get me if you enroll with someone else.

And if you later decide you made a mistake, don't bother to call. You have one chance to let me be your agent.

I have never employed the hard sell and I don't "close" prospects in the traditional sense, but I do make it clear what I bring to the table and let them decide.

About 98% of the time they buy from me.

I don't chase people. I move on and let them be some other agents problem.

ROFL!!!!!

Some people make buying decisions without regard to the most important aspect of health insurance . . . "Is it covered, do I have unfettered access to health care, and wiill my claims be paid?".

While others are more interested in free stuff.

My focus always is, and always will be, on taking care of my clients health. Insurance is for the big stuff that can't be covered by cash, a check or credit card.

Peddlers skim over the meat and go right for the shiny stuff.

When my clients are diagnosed with cancer, heart attack or stroke I doubt the first thing on their mind is gym membership and free dental cleaning. And I don't have to tell them MD Anderson and Cleveland Clinic are not in their network.

YMMV

Last edited:
Back