Med Sup Carrier Prices

Multiple med sup carriers offer the free gym perk so you now you know. If you spend time telling someone to use goodrx to save $5 on a script I'd figure you share that if they are paying $90/mo to Lifetime gym here's an easy way to get that gym for free. Might make sense to pay $30/mo more for your supp to save the $90 but what do I know??
caveat, not an agent.

Lock yourself into an extra $30/mo premium which you may not be able to escape if your health turns bad in order to obtain an optional Medigap benefit which the carrier could drop at any time?

I have trouble seeing that as a wise purchase decision.

caveat, not an agent.

Lock yourself into an extra $30/mo premium which you may not be able to escape if your health turns bad in order to obtain an optional Medigap benefit which the carrier could drop at any time?

And some people on here say that non-agents don't know stuff.

Good job Buzzy.

caveat, not an agent.

Luckily the carriers that offer this perk are almost always in the lowest cluster of rates and have some of the best track records of rate stability.

I think somarco just doesn't want to take the AARP training for the med sup so he can learn that if a senior is hard of hearing you should talk slower and louder.

the poster was predicting that we'd be paying $10 to the carriers for each application we submitted
That’s not quite what I said. I said that these tech platforms are not actually that expensive and, worst case, we would pay $10 an app to the platform (instead of the FMO doing it).

This worst case scenario is unlikely because carriers would almost certainly take over the transmission fee just like how it works with health sherpa.

The agents who find these platforms valuable would have no issue paying the money. The agents who don’t find the tech useful would not pay. Every agent would get to decide how they spend their money.

Walter

That’s not quite what I said. I said that these tech platforms are not actually that expensive and, worst case, we would pay $10 an app to the platform (instead of the FMO doing it).

This worst case scenario is unlikely because carriers would almost certainly take over the transmission fee just like how it works with health sherpa.

The agents who find these platforms valuable would have no issue paying the money. The agents who don’t find the tech useful would not pay. Every agent would get to decide how they spend their money.

Walter
I have no problem paying for tech. Been doing it a while now and probably have a few toys that you haven't seen yet. So that's not the problem.

But paying $10 or any amount to write business. Sorry Charlie.

I have no problem paying for tech. Been doing it a while now and probably have a few toys that you haven't seen yet. So that's not the problem.

But paying $10 or any amount to write business. Sorry Charlie.
I get it. Some would pay and some would not. But many uplines claim the tech is so expensive. It’s not that expensive.

Some people make buying decisions without regard to the most important aspect of health insurance . . . "Is it covered, do I have unfettered access to health care, and wiill my claims be paid?".

My focus always is, and always will be, on taking care of my clients health. Insurance is for the big stuff that can't be covered by cash, a check or credit card.

When my clients are diagnosed with cancer, heart attack or stroke I doubt the first thing on their mind is gym membership and free dental cleaning. And I don't have to tell them MD Anderson and Cleveland Clinic are not in their network.
I took this post from @somarco and created an AI avatar video from it:

Last edited:
Since you mentioned ALL the carriers, the best way to do it is through CSG.

There are two ways to get CSG. Buy it or get it free from your FMO. Last time I counted, I had 12 different FMO accounts. Most I didn't ask for.

The only FMO that lists all of the carriers is Agent Pipeline. They even list carriers that they don't represent.

That's the easiest way to get all

@MedicareWAA
A referral I worked with for over a month finally revealed their real motive. Does this plan cover a gym membership at Lifetime?

I have no idea . . . why don't you call them and ask?

I don't really understand the thinking behind not answering this question from a referral.

Just this past week I had it come up - a T65 who uses two different gyms (one for better weights, the other just for the pool), so his plan G we did one with Silver sneakers and he'll save quite a bit on memberships.

It took maybe 4 extra minutes. Sorry, but I'm not following why this type of question is invalid.

I don't really understand the thinking behind not answering this question from a referral.

I normally go overboard for a referral, and I gave her and her husband a lot of time & detail. They had given me everything but the bank info for the premium draft, said they wanted to discuss it, and would call back with the information after the weekend.

Instead, I got an email asking if SilverSneakers includes a Lifetime gym membership. There are several Lifetime gyms here, some participate in SS, some don't. The one near me participates but SS "members" can only come at certain times. I told her it would be better if she talked to them direct so she could decide if she wanted to pursue that carrier or not.

My business, my rules.

Last edited:
Back