Med Supp or Adv for Disability

If you look in the Medicare Guide you will find that only certain states require med supp companies to offer under 65 med supp. Indiana is not one of them so there is not much to offer here.
I put my clients under 65 on pffs and they are happy.

Senior

question for you -- for underage - do they fall into the same rules as traditional pffs -- have to wait until november to signup?

In Ky, most only offer plan A to those under 65 and it's $50/mo higher for plan A for an under 65 than for a person 65.

Here, an MA is just about the only option.

Standard Life of Texas has a Plan F for under 65 for around $110 per month. I've sold one of them to someone that had a bad experience on a Humana MA.

It pays about a dollar in commission.

Standard Life of Texas has a Plan F for under 65 for around $110 per month. I've sold one of them to someone that had a bad experience on a Humana MA.

Yeah, but they have a bonus is you sell 50 or more in a quarter.

Seriously, there are a couple of PPO plans that might be available depending on the county. Aetna has one and I would think so do others.

If the schit hits the fan and the plan dissolves, your client would still have a GI option to go into a supplement.

Rick

What a shocker that someone had a bad experience with Humana!!:D Was it the PPO?

Good to know about the Standard Life. I'll send them to you. We can split that dollar.

Most people that are pre-65 and on Medicare are usually better off with a supp for the reason mentioned above...they have some sort of problem.

The only ones that I know of that take a MA plan are the ones who cannot afford the monthly premiums.

Check with Coventry's Advantra Freedom and see what they have available for the particular county where she is. If they have the plan 1 in her county, I could think of nothing better for her. I've got many underage disability clients who love it! very little or no co-pays...it's as close to a med supp as you will find when it comes to PFFS's.

What a shocker that someone had a bad experience with Humana!!:D Was it the PPO?

Good to know about the Standard Life. I'll send them to you. We can split that dollar.

Actually she was signed up by a Humana agent at the Wal-Mart. it was a PFFS. The agent didn't explain anything including that she had to keep paying her Part B premium. All she heard was that everything was free. She went about 4-months with no part B premium and got a big bill from Humana that she couldn't pay.

Back