Med Supp Plan N

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I was looking over the different plan available. and Plan N seems like a somewhat attractive plan for someone who might want to keep their monthly prems low. The co-pays dont seem like that big a deal, but the excess fees somewhat concern me.
Being trained about medicare at Bankers (i know :-/) I heard many horror stories about excess fees, but don't actually have any experience with them.

Is plan N actually a decent plan? What are excess fees the actually like? i usually sell Plan F, when I sell med supps, but would like to understand the other options a little better.

We discussed excess charges more than we really need to, but if Bankers says to worry about them, you can be sure there is nothing to worry about.

I'm sure the horror stories you heard were made up.

Rick

I was looking over the different plan available. and Plan N seems like a somewhat attractive plan for someone who might want to keep their monthly prems low. The co-pays dont seem like that big a deal, but the excess fees somewhat concern me.
Being trained about medicare at Bankers (i know :-/) I heard many horror stories about excess fees, but don't actually have any experience with them.

Is plan N actually a decent plan? What are excess fees the actually like? i usually sell Plan F, when I sell med supps, but would like to understand the other options a little better.
It's a good plan if someone is willing to pay a small co-pay of $20.00 to see their doctor.

I'm not a big fan of the plan. In my state its really not much of a savings over G.
I did call an internet lead once who wanted to switch from a N. The guy explained he had a heart attack and bypass and got a huge bill---problem is his agent lied and told him that there was no charges outside of copays.
It made me sad to think that here is a guy who didn't understand that he could potentially have that type of bill.

As Frank used to say, if a provider doesnt accept the medicare rate, you get paid by your supp carrier and the provider has to wait for your payment. I think Frank said that only the Mayo Clinic didnt accept medicare rates.. As far as N vs F, seniors love the N. till they have to start paying.. The richer they are, the more they bitch about the N. F or G is the way to go.

I'm not a big fan of the plan. In my state its really not much of a savings over G.
I did call an internet lead once who wanted to switch from a N. The guy explained he had a heart attack and bypass and got a huge bill---problem is his agent lied and told him that there was no charges outside of copays.
It made me sad to think that here is a guy who didn't understand that he could potentially have that type of bill.

So what did he have to pay beyond the copays and part B deductible?

How is it possible that he got a huge bill? What was his definition of huge?

There might be some lying going on there but I doubt it was from the agent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So what did he have to pay beyond the copays and part B deductible?

They can ha e excess charges with plan N. But for those to be "huge" is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

There is more to this or he is incorrect. Or, his concept of huge is way off. The most I can imagine from this one event might be the part B ded, maybe $162, 140, or 147 depending on year, maybe an ER copay of $50...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back