Med Supp Question Missouri

Just a thought here, but thought they could call Medicare, say they want to drop their MAPD and go to original Medicare, and then enroll in a MedSupp?

Not without a valid enrollment election period.

FYI - When someone calls Medicare, they are actually calling a TPA (Third Party Administrator) which in this case is General Dynamics. General Dynamics is a defense contractor that happens to also have a call center division. So, you are calling someone who is basically following a flow chart of questions. In almost every case, you (the agent) are far, far, far more knowledgeable.

In the event that they meet all requirements for MO RX SPAP (State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program) it will create a SEP for them to make a move.

Rick is right. Getting out of the MA plan is the first issue that needs to be addressed. MA/MAPD's can only be disenrolled if there is a valid enrollment period.

Trial right #1 can only be exercised if they are still 65 years old
Trial right #2 can only be exercised if they had a supplement and switched to and advantage plan for the first time. In this scenario they still can only go back to their original company and plan.

Outside of that you'll need to dig in and find and SEP such as whether they get a federal LIS, if they've moved in the last couple of months, recently released from prison, ect. All of the SEP's and this info can be found in the medicare and you guidebook.

Hope that helps,

Last edited:
I was joking with Rick. That comment was not directed towards you...

Thanks for clarifying,
I use the forum as I would use an encyclopedia.It has saved me twice when I
first re-entered the business.One was from a shyster in Florida, who will remain
nameless.The other from a predator company based somewhere in Texas specializing in FE.
Put both in the search engine and wow all sorts of things popped up.

I want to thank everyone again for responding and will make note as well as
use the info given. I do appreciate it.

Back