Med Supp Signed 6/15. Approved. Effective 6/1.

Did they ask for a 6/1 effective? Or did UHC automatically give it to them?

I imagine that carriers would have to allow some flexibility, right? I've had a couple cases where my apps were stuck in underwriting for a couple weeks but they honored the original requested effective date.

Asked for it on requested effective date line. It even felt weird putting in 6/1 - I was thinking to myself - "no way this is gonna fly.... the customer service person must have been on something...." But it did.

He had 2 doctor appointments this month - he hates bill and loves Plan F.

----------

Correct, paper app............20 characters...

----------

Nope. No mistake. They allow this for anyone.

It came up because this client paid his premium manually and allowed it to lapse last year but quickly got it reinstated. So, when he let it lapse again, he was hoping to just be able to get it reinstated again. So we did a 3-way call with UHC and they said, "No, we need a new app, but you can get it 6/1."

Since I was on the line, I quickly said, "You mean 7/1?"

No - 6/1.

Then, the underwriter had a quick question so they reached out to me before issuing it and I clarified with him - Will you really allow 6/1? He said, "Yes" and they issued it.

I've had some one lapse and they allowed them to pay the 2 months they were behind and retro active but that is a lapse policy not on a new issue

I've had some one lapse and they allowed them to pay the 2 months they were behind and retro active but that is a lapse policy not on a new issue

yes, which is what the client did last year. UHC will only allow a one-time reinstatement of lapsed policy. After that, new app.

Back