Medicare “Bros” - Brindle, Brock, Etc

Yes. I know his agency isn’t as strong as he portrays. I started from scratch. Solid agency but not enormous. I don’t want to be enormous.

In general, no one with a super successful insurance sales “system” is going to sell it to others. You’d max it out for yourself because there’s far more money in protecting and using it in your own insurance business. But inexperienced agents fall for it. :(

Walter
I think Brocks agency has been successful in selling . But nothing like he portrays . He was only the #8 or 9 agency for Ifg yet the way he talked he was #1 . It’s no different than the gold rush of the 1800’s. Is it more successful to to sell the picks and ax’s to the gold miners or mine yourself? Obviously if you new there was easy gold you’d kick it to yourself and mine it . Same principal in is there more money in selling the courses and other items than recruiting agents and overriding ?

I think Brocks agency has been successful in selling . But nothing like he portrays . He was only the #8 or 9 agency for Ifg yet the way he talked he was #1 . It’s no different than the gold rush of the 1800’s. Is it more successful to to sell the picks and ax’s to the gold miners or mine yourself? Obviously if you new there was easy gold you’d kick it to yourself and mine it . Same principal in is there more money in selling the courses and other items than recruiting agents and overriding ?
Don’t forget the mediocre retention on their own telesales. These guys brag about it (our retention is awesome!) because I’m not sure they know how to do math.

Walter

Don’t forget the mediocre retention on their own telesales. These guys brag about it (our retention is awesome!) because I’m not sure they know how to do math.

Walter
Mediocre ? lol . They’re lucky to keep 70% after a yr . What I love is they all quote “ we hardly have any dual/lis “ . We deal with middle income . Bs bs . Your working face book leads it’s going to be a large swath of low income .

Mediocre ? lol . They’re lucky to keep 70% after a yr . What I love is they all quote “ we hardly have any dual/lis “ . We deal with middle income . Bs bs . Your working face book leads it’s going to be a large swath of low income .

Dunno bout that. I work FB leads. Well, they RSVP to my 101 webinars. So, I guess it’s still a lead.

It’s a rare day if I get someone that is eligible for Medicaid.

Dunno bout that. I work FB leads. Well, they RSVP to my 101 webinars. So, I guess it’s still a lead.

You’re doing T-65’s . T-65 is a very small overall sliver of the total medicare mkt . You’re providing education to sell later. Different animal. I’m willing to bet your income parameters are $30k and above . These guys are doing high vol transactional type sales which require high response rates which is lower income

There’s no way they’re doing FB-sourced lead sales (at scale) with high retention and workable economics. I think they lie about the retention but it’s possible they’re just too dumb to study it carefully. This happened with all the big call centers. Hundreds of thousands of sales later, they realized the retention wasn’t what they thought and that they were in fact bleeding out cash.

You can do FB with good marketing economics and trash retention. Or you can do FB with terrible marketing economics but great retention. You cannot have both AT SCALE.

Why do agents follow these clowns? J Brock, C Brindle, C Askins, G Gurbikian, etc. They remind me of the old late night MLM infomercial lizards except our industry is supposed to be professionals giving professional advice to clients.

They're only getting louder and so it must be working. There must be people buying their sales “systems” and tickets to weak events. But why??

I’m genuinely interested in whether I’m the only one who thinks it’s strange that they have so many “fan bois”.

I know they’re getting louder partly because they sold out to integrity or Amerilife and need to achieve their earn outs.

Walte

There’s no way they’re doing FB-sourced lead sales (at scale) with high retention and workable economics. I think they lie about the retention but it’s possible they’re just too dumb to study it carefully. This happened with all the big call centers. Hundreds of thousands of sales later, they realized the retention wasn’t what they thought and that they were in fact bleeding out cash.

You can do FB with good marketing economics and trash retention. Or you can do FB with terrible marketing economics but great retention. You cannot have both AT SCALE.
If we believe that he received $70million, why would the buyer pay that much if it is not a solid retention book?

Well... if you go back in history, you can see that Brock used to copy Westfall, literally. CW would put out some new stuff, and a few days later Brock would regurgitate it as if it was his own. It appears to have worked well for Brock, and now I guess Brindle is doing it.

The similarity between Brock, Brindle, and Askins is the nepotism. All 3 of them had fathers who had been in the business for decades. All 3 act like they just built it from the ground up, but that certainly isnt the case. I know there are some critics of CW on the forum, but you have to recognize he didnt have it handed to him, and neither did most of us.

If you didnt know any better you'd think Brock got into the biz in 2014, and crushed it for 10 years and sold out for 70M.... but in reality... his Dad's agency already had 14k clients in 2019, and that is when JB got more involved, they acquired another agency of about 5k clients, and then sold out recently. Did you see the Youtube interview with JB? No mention of his dad at all, or how big the agency was when JB got involved. JB was asking sales questions in 2020 in his own fb group that would make you think he had just started.

At the end of the day, people like to be led, they like to be hyped up, they like to feel like they are a part of a community..... all 3 of those dudes provide that to them, and they aren't really hurting anyone in doing so... so I suppose it doesnt really matter.

The medicare conferences they all put on, are just smoke and mirrors recruiting.
I'm under one of these FMO for UHC. Pushed over when his Dad retired. I never hear anything from him...... His Dad was great and regularly communicated with me.

If we believe that he received $70million, why would the buyer pay that much if it is not a solid retention book?
$70 M? I’m not sure. If yes, that would be after run out, assuming he can hit his targets.

It’s because they’re not buying him for his own book of business. They want his downlines (incl access, not just overrides) and the non-insurance stuff he sells. His downlines have all sorts of selling methods, and his high margin “systems” can be sold into other amerilife agencies.

Btw, remember that amerilife and integrity don’t buy the entire business. They buy a controlling interest, sometimes with a future option to buy more. (Sorry if I’m telling you what you already know.)

Walter

Back