Medicare Advantage has many restrictions, and patients struggle when they must switch doctors

I am baffled that agents who (claim) to have a thousand+ clients have NEVER encountered anything like this.

This can very well happen when your providers are owned by a hospital and that hospital recently broke up with a carrier.
I agree. Just had a client call me yesterday that Humana HMO is no longer accepted at Dr or hospital. Cant change til Oct. she then called me bak telling me a 5 Star MAPD just called her from hospital to sign her up. These companies have a way of stealing customers. Govt took away alot of my dental clients giving shiat away for free.

All this MAPD stuff is a joke really as “in house” MAPD facility agents will rule end of day. Glad Im ending my tethered existence to CMS AHIP widdling down w renewals. 🔥💀 Good riddance!

Last edited:
As someone who has weathered a number of storms over the past 49 years in this industry, I can say some of the turns caused by DC idiots created more trouble than help.

ERISA was the first encounter I recall that was bittersweet. With the law came vesting protections for folks who worked all their life for a pension only to have it denied when they were dismissed before reaching retirement age. It also made pension fund managers accountable for poor investment choices.

But along with the good came the bad in the form of employers terminating DB pension plans in the private sector.

Obamacare was another attempt to make health insurance affordable but only for those who earned enough to disqualify them for Medicaid and did not earn too much to deny them a taxpayer funded handout.

There will always be challenges, regardless of the industry. Some will find a way to press forward and not only survive, but to thrive. While others will move on.

The "sky is always falling," yet many more people continue to sign up for Medicare Advantage, satisfaction numbers are high, issues among my clients are extremely minimal, and actual health outcomes continue to outperform original Medicare.

I also offer supplements....couldn't care less what someone goes with, but these sensationalist articles have become a solid laugh for me. All they do is focus on the small amount of things that may come up on a rare occurrence. Things, mind you, that have easy solutions to solve for any agent that isn't a rookie.

I deal with these plans everyday, there isn't anyone that's gonna bullshit me on this topic. Loyola was just butt-hurt they couldn't extort more money at the time and they went to their media pals in Chicago to gain leverage.

And as I outlined before, United has remained in-network with Loyola. This article should have never even been printed. Typical negotiations and hardball tactics among the companies. Nothing new. Yet nowadays it's worthy of front page news. lol.

If Loyola actually cared about their patients when these negotiations were going on, they wouldn't have almost dropped United midway through the year. That's on the hospital, not the insurer.

Hospitals use their patients as cannon fodder to try and gain an edge on the business side.

The "sky is always falling," yet many more people continue to sign up for Medicare Advantage, satisfaction numbers are high, issues among my clients are extremely minimal, and actual health outcomes continue to outperform original Medicare.

I also offer supplements....couldn't care less what someone goes with, but these sensationalist articles have become a solid laugh for me. All they do is focus on the small amount of things that may come up on a rare occurrence. Things, mind you, that have easy solutions to solve for any agent that isn't a rookie.

I deal with these plans everyday, there isn't anyone that's gonna bullshit me on this topic. Loyola was just butt-hurt they couldn't extort more money at the time and they went to their media pals in Chicago to gain leverage.

And as I outlined before, United has remained in-network with Loyola. This article should have never even been printed. Typical negotiations and hardball tactics among the companies. Nothing new. Yet nowadays it's worthy of front page news. lol.

If Loyola actually cared about their patients when these negotiations were going on, they wouldn't have almost dropped United midway through the year. That's on the hospital, not the insurer.

Hospitals use their patients as cannon fodder to try and gain an edge on the business side.
MAPD is here to stay. That doesnt mean all these freebies will stay more importantly agent commissions out The wazooooo 🔥

Ive just experienced in house medical facility agents taking some of my renewals bc they dropped Humana. Humana pays fine they just want their program over the competition.

Its coming and it aint good 💀

Back