Medicare Advantage Medicare Marijuana Doctor

I see

I See when doing a google search on info In FL def need to see a medical marijuana doctor to get Medical Card

Where I can't find info is if it should be a covered doctor vist for an MA plan, Only thing I seem to get in results are an advertisement for plans

Or the prescription is not covered

Nothing on if the doctor is covered or not

There is no insurance under or over 65 that will cover his doctor's visit to a marijuana doctor in Florida. He will have to pay out of pocket and his best bet is to go to docmj.com.
The state requires you see your mm doc every 210 days and so far from what I've seen they are the least expensive, $169.00 per visit. His card will cost $75 and he will have to renew every year. If he's a veteran and very low income Buds for Vets will help him with the oop with the doctor.

There is no insurance under or over 65 that will cover his doctor's visit to a marijuana doctor in Florida. He will have to pay out of pocket and his best bet is to go to docmj.com.
The state requires you see your mm doc every 210 days and so far from what I've seen they are the least expensive, $169.00 per visit. His card will cost $75 and he will have to renew every year. If he's a veteran and very low income Buds for Vets will help him with the oop with the doctor.

He is a Vet this is helpful

As a medical marijuana patient and an agent in FL myself, I can recommend docmj.com for obtaining a card, as it's only about $170 *a year* (refunded if they don't get a recommendation) and covers the initial consultation and it renews automatically every 60 or 90 days I think. HUGE savings over going to a local pain management doc who wants to charge hundreds every month for the same thing. With docmj, you only have to go in once every 7 months and they take care of the renewal paperwork. Of course there's still the initial state application fee and paperwork, but it's a much better alternative especially for seniors on a fixed budget, and I have many of my clients who have used them. It definitely isn't covered on any medicare plans, and I highly doubt that would happen until the federal classification changes. :( I have given out the docmj pamphlets to some of my chronically ill and terminal clients, on the down low, because they're so desperate for alternative relief. Hope this info helps! (Also Goillini52 - I would look into it anyway, the drs are usually pretty liberal with their recommendations, as I've seen many people get their cards who initially didn't think they would qualify). Doesn't hurt to try!

As a medical marijuana patient and an agent in FL myself, I can recommend docmj.com for obtaining a card, as it's only about $170 *a year* (refunded if they don't get a recommendation) and covers the initial consultation and it renews automatically every 60 or 90 days I think. HUGE savings over going to a local pain management doc who wants to charge hundreds every month for the same thing. With docmj, you only have to go in once every 7 months and they take care of the renewal paperwork. Of course there's still the initial state application fee and paperwork, but it's a much better alternative especially for seniors on a fixed budget, and I have many of my clients who have used them. It definitely isn't covered on any medicare plans, and I highly doubt that would happen until the federal classification changes. :( I have given out the docmj pamphlets to some of my chronically ill and terminal clients, on the down low, because they're so desperate for alternative relief. Hope this info helps! (Also Goillini52 - I would look into it anyway, the drs are usually pretty liberal with their recommendations, as I've seen many people get their cards who initially didn't think they would qualify). Doesn't hurt to try!
I've been using "Medicinal" Marijuana without the aid of doctors for around 50 years. :twitchy:

My youngest son qaulifies for a medical marijuana card, but he chose not to get it because in Michigan you can't have a medical marijuana card and a gun permit. His gun permit was more important to him. I'm not sure if that changed after they legalized it.

I'll have to ask him if he had to go to a special doctor to get the weed card.
Michigan does require using a special doctor. Also, it's a concealed carry card that you can't have with the medical marijuana card. :yes:

It's a $169 every 210 days not once a year and the recommendation is for 70 days unless it's smokable which is only 35 days and a max of 2.5 ounces. Didn't mean to split hairs here. Yep most dispensaries are 90% seniors.

It's a $169 every 210 days not once a year and the recommendation is for 70 days unless it's smokable which is only 35 days and a max of 2.5 ounces. Didn't mean to split hairs here. Yep most dispensaries are 90% seniors.

No, thank you!!! I do appreciate it! And I know others will too! :cute: I wasn't sure about the recommendation timing being every 70 days as it's always just done automatically and they've streamlined the process to the point where it's really just a phone call for me if it doesn't update which is pretty nice, and I do generally go in just once a year based on timing. It's been a while since I've gotten my card as it was around when they were still offering something like a $30/month payment plan which I think is now unavailable, but you're right the additional info is super helpful!

No, thank you!!! I do appreciate it! And I know others will too! :cute: I wasn't sure about the recommendation timing being every 70 days as it's always just done automatically and they've streamlined the process to the point where it's really just a phone call for me if it doesn't update which is pretty nice, and I do generally go in just once a year based on timing. It's been a while since I've gotten my card as it was around when they were still offering something like a $30/month payment plan which I think is now unavailable, but you're right the additional info is super helpful!

Sorry, forgot about that $30 bucks a month I just pay my $169 every 7 months and done with it. The $30 a month is $210 per every 7 months. But even at that much cheaper than most of the other mj docs outside of docmj. I was in Mi and they except our card and one dispensary up there told me it $100 for a doc every two years and $100 for the card every two years. But since I've been back it does like they are finally formulating some rules for the legal marijuana. Their products were much cheaper than down here.

Back