Medicare Advantage, More Oversight, Less Overpayment

providers like Original Medicare WAY more because fraud is insanely easier to perpetrate under Original Medicare.

I would love to see your source for this statement.

Using the same logic, fraud is likely to be WAY more prevalent with agents that sell OM+Medigap than MA plans.

Last edited:

Using the same logic, fraud is likely to be WAY more prevalent with agents that sell OM+Medigap than MA plans.
My source is my provider friends I have who literally say “God I hate Medicare Advantage.” And then I pressed them on why and they told me….tons of extra paperwork and headaches. This is also just basic reasoning. Who are they gonna like more? The side that involves minimal paperwork, no extra regulations, no oversight, or the side that involves the opposite?

Last edited:
@InsuranceGuy29 in other words, you use anecdotal information to draw your conclusions.

Here are some anecdotes to add to you list.

Do you have any idea how many folks despise insurance agents?

And I can't tell you how many folks contact me and the first thing out of their mouth is "Don't try to sell me one of those Advantage plans".

There are changes being made to Medicare in 2025 to disincentivize the sale of MA plans for the sole purpose of making money. Things like the mid-year notification and similar changes are pushing towards the sale of MA plans that actually aim to help the policyholder.

If you think this needs to be cited, you’re retarded. Go read any OIG report or any public policy paper pertaining to Medicare fraud.

MA has an upcoding problem - an expensive form of fraud in itself - but FFS fraud is rampant and hard to stop. No one is watching. The entire Medicare FFS system is based on providers attesting under penalty of perjury that they’re following the rules.

If you still want a source, go cite legitimate sources claiming that FFS fraud isn’t rampant.

My source is my provider friends I have who literally say “God I hate Medicare Advantage.” And then I pressed them on why and they told me….tons of extra paperwork and headaches. This is also just basic reasoning. Who are they gonna like more? The side that involves minimal paperwork, no extra regulations, no oversight, or the side that involves the opposite?
Govment cheese is easier to steal than corporate cheese

Latest posts

Back