Medicare advantage plans

I’m just wondering what is normal for chargebacks? Do people get several chargebacks per month or is that too much?
Several a month? How many plans are you selling? Are you doing telesales?

I did telesales for about 4 months and charge backs were a lot more common. If they will listen to your pitch and change, they'll listen to someone else's and change. Nature of the game with telesales.

I do face to face now and hardly ever get charge backs. During AEP I'll get maybe two or three. Outside of AEP it's so rare it might as well be zero.

That being said, I am currently not out there hustling and selling every single week. But when when I was, with a previous agency, my charge backs were very low.

I did telesales for about 4 months and charge backs were a lot more common. If they will listen to your pitch and change, they'll listen to someone else's and change. Nature of the game with telesales.

I do face to face now and hardly ever get charge backs. During AEP I'll get maybe two or three. Outside of AEP it's so rare it might as well be zero.

That being said, I am currently not out there hustling and selling every single week. But when when I was, with a previous agency, my charge backs were very low.
Agreed, just over the phone is not going to stick very well. You need to build a relationship, and that's much harder done over the phone, even if you sell.

Even as much as a Google Meet or a Zoom can really strengthen your relationship and keep them from just taking the next pitch.

This. Trust is the name of the game in this business. It's why I only work personal referrals from existing clients, nowadays. No more clinics, dual eligibles, phone lists, response cards, etc.

There really is absolutely ZERO societal trust out there, anymore.....unless it comes from someone that they already know and trust.

I used to do a lot of those things I mentioned when I first came up in the business, and I recently ran the numbers and almost none of them are still with me. You want STABLE people, from existing clients, in this business.

You build slow and steady and create a solid foundation. Otherwise, you're just gonna be doing a TON of extra work. My churn rate is literally 0%, unless it's due to death.

Just like Gwen said....if they are listening to you, who solicited them out of the blue, then they're gonna be listening to anyone and everyone that solicits them out of the blue.

Last edited:
Don’t take this the wrong way. It’s constructive criticism that you can learn from and improve.
But based on how bad you communicated with the title of this thread what your actual question was about, I would say that your communication skills are not very developed. That is probably an area that you need to improve.

For instance if I want to start a thread about everyone favorite recipes for cat meat which would be better?

1. Cats
2. What’s your favorite cat bar-b-q sauce?

If you selected #2 you are already showing great improvement.

Back