• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare Client Retention Horror

kalcares4u

It's unbelievable how easy it is to lose Medicare clients who spent so much time with you and trusted you during the application process. You give them what they want, or more, they ask good questions and answer the phone, you become virtual "friends," and then a year or so later you notice they've switched. Sometimes the plan switches, the doctors drop the plan, they see or hear about greener grass and switch impulsively, or a friend or neighbor swears by something else. I'm finding this very frustrating and considering giving this up altogether. I don't like babysitting and you practically have to move in with them! What are you finding?

It's unbelievable how easy it is to lose Medicare clients who spent so much time with you and trusted you during the application process. You give them what they want, or more, they ask good questions and answer the phone, you become virtual "friends," and then a year or so later you notice they've switched. Sometimes the plan switches, the doctors drop the plan, they see or hear about greener grass and switch impulsively, or a friend or neighbor swears by something else. I'm finding this very frustrating and considering giving this up altogether. I don't like babysitting and you practically have to move in with them! What are you finding?
I'm finding just the opposite. I simply don't lose them.

Sounds like you need to look at your current process after the sale. I tell mine not to read all the crap they get in the mail or talk on the phone. And to call me if they have a question about either one.

You're also talking about MA. MS clients aren't exposed to all that jibber jabber. And again, I'm on top of what they see and do as well.

You also might take a look at your market. I work middle to high income. They aren't as prone to chase the latest shiny object like the lower income peeps do.

They lasted a year?!?!?!? That's actually beyond good. We're lucky if the plan even effectuates now with most of these. It's a joke what the 3rd party lead vendors are doing online. Yet CMS is allowing it even with all of their "Compliance" regs.

You’re targeting low income duals/lis.If you’re not spending 20% of your time “saving” disenrollments or calling and talking to the low income 3-4 times a yr you can forget retention .It’s a hell of a lot of work.The second solution is target only lower middle income and above .You probably got most of those low income clients with leads. You swiped from somebody and somebody swiped from you

Back