Medicare Questions & Answers Thread . . .

You hold a Medicare sales event and that virtually guarantees getting shopped.
Even using a superlative to describe your plan is a violation. Too many little petty things to trip you up.
Is a sales event a great way to get in front of many people at once? Yes.
My point is, is it worth the potential hassle?
I would rather go the face to face route myself.

Ha - I'm not personally funding these events. Just thinking of doing a few in 2017. To answer my own initial question - there is no rule by CMS against marketing competing plans - just the Plans won't allow it. But - if a certain plan sponsors the event - they will co-op the marketing . . .

You are clueless-why would a plan co-op an event with you when they have tons of other agents who have given them lots of business over the years?

Add to that AEP ends on Wednesday and you will head down an empty path once again.

You hold a Medicare sales event and that virtually guarantees getting shopped.

Getting shopped shouldnt be a great deal if you do the presentation correctly.

You are clueless-why would a plan co-op an event with you when they have tons of other agents who have given them lots of business over the years?

Bahahahahaha @ "clueless".

I'm just relating what was told directly to me from a Plan Rep. They will help me with Marketing, Advertising and Give-Aways.

Thanks for always being a fan . . .

I'm just relating what was told directly to me from a Plan Rep. They will help me with Marketing, Advertising and Give-Aways.

Every one of your answers comes off like it is from a newbie, know nothing agent who will fail, as I am sure you will.

It isn't often that virtually every experienced agent on this forum agrees on something, I'm sure this will go right over your head as well as all of the other advice posted on this and other threads.

Oh come on. Timmy has told us many times he has a 132 IQ and this isn't rocket science. Why he's even bothering asking questions here when he passed AHIP (it was too easy), talked to carrier reps who obviously taught him everything he needs to know, and spent an entire week learning Medicare makes it obvious he has this in the bag.

I suggest we stop giving him any advice and let him fail quickly before he spends too much money. Then he can get a job at McDonalds before they replace everyone with machines.

Rick

You will learn, hopefully, that the plan reps are the worst source of sales advice.

I haven't taken AHIP (or sell MAPD), but I don't think you get the point of seminar selling.

The point of a seminar is to be brilliant. You talk about Medicare. Supps. Advantage. Part D. The "gotchas" that will bite them later. You never, ever mention a company name. Its informational only.

Because you are so brilliant, the attendees fill out a survey card and agree to be contacted later. EVERY SINGLE ONE gets a call or email within 24 hours. If they aren't within 6 months of T65, you follow up with them at 64.5. You bring them in one on one and sell them a Supp/D or MAPD. Whichever fits them the best.

Stop worrying about what company to sell. This isn't brain surgery and you ARE going to catch on. Selling and understanding insurance isn't that hard.

Getting in front of enough people and closing the deal is what counts.

(And BTW, you obviously have the ability to take a hit and stand back up. Which is a great attribute in sales. Hang in there!)

^^^ This is some great advice.

I think seminars can be an excellent source of "leads" when done correctly. It can be an expensive "lead" if you fail though and get a bunch of plate lickers.

The first seminar I was apart of a couple years ago was a miserable fail but if done correctly I could see where it cold pay off.

kgmom219 - if my memory serves me, you put on a breakfast seminar once a month?

Back